Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff Creative Vision problems >

Pfaff Creative Vision problems

Pfaff Creative Vision problems

Old 10-02-2011, 06:54 AM

I bought a Pfaff Creative Vision 5.0 about 3 years ago. It sewed and embroidered beautifully for about 100 hours. Then it would not accept stitch length commands. My dealer sent it back to the factory. It worked well for another 200 hours and the same problem occurred.

My dealer sent it back to the factory again. She told me that there had been many problems with this machine and about 50% of the ones she sold had problems that required them to be returned to the factory. She gave me the names and addresses of the SVP corporate folks I needed to write. They sent me a new Creative Vision 5.5 replacement.

Have any of you had problems with the Creative Vision? Can you describe the problem?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:34 AM

Sorry for your troubles. Do I understand that you got a replacement? Is it working correctly? I had read about CV problems, so I bought something else. I actually don't do machine embroidery, I just wanted the big harp and dual feed.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:43 AM

I'm the proud owner of 4 creative vision, but not by my choice. About 3 yrs ago I got the cv worked great for the first 300 hrs. than it started to grind, took it to the dealer and he sent it in, they sent me a new machine, had about the same amount of time on it and than it would not stitch right, all the stitches were almost on top of each other. took it in, dealer sent it in, they sent me the 3 new machine, that machine ran for 1 hr and 54 min. and it went out. sent it back in and they sent me NO, 4 machine, This one so far is working like a gem. THAT'S MY STORY AND IM STICKING TO IT LOL.' Good luck with your machine and just keep taking them back.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Yes, my 5.0 would eat the fabric whenever I tried to chain piece. I began to hate that machine and although I have been a "Pfaffie" for years and years, I will never buy another. I traded that thing in on a Viking Saphhire and have been much happier with it. I understand though, they fixed the problems on the 5.5 so hopefully, this will solve your issues. It is way too expensive a machine to be unhappy with!
Michelle
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 AM

Singer, Pfaff, and Viking are all owned by the same corporation for a few years at least now. The Viking Sapphire line is very similar to the Pfaff Expression line.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 AM

Singer, Viking, and Pfaff were all bought up by one company, SVP corp. Is the corporation putting in the same amount of R&D and quality control into all the lines.

I also noted my original machine was made in Sweden. The replacement upgrade is made in China.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:14 AM

I bought a 5.0 and then had it upgraded to the 5.5...it seems to be sewing just fine but then I have only used it mainly for piecing or large emb.
I hope my lasts for a very long time.
K
Old 10-02-2011, 09:24 AM

I have had no problems with mine. It does tend to eat fabric at the beginning, but I hold on to the threads and all is well. I haven't used it a lot, but it has more than 400 hours on it.