Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff sewing machine >

Pfaff sewing machine

Pfaff sewing machine

Old 02-01-2012, 04:43 PM

I have a Pfaff 4.0 Expression and like you I am so very disappointed with it--I too have over 100 miles to go back to the dealer problem is I had traded another Pfaff--should have learned my lesson with that one--for this one due to the problem with the threading, the previous one went back to factory, replacement too was faulty, ended up with this 4.0 naturally with a lot more money invested--I wish I could trade it back for another good old Babylock--so user friendly--what troubles were you having with yours??
Old 02-01-2012, 04:49 PM

I have a Pfaff 2027 that is about 10 years old. I think I got a lemon. I do like the IDT, and if it weren't for that, I would get rid of it. Because of this experience, I will never buy another Pfaff.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:18 PM

My mom and grandma had pfaffs when I was growing up - so when I was ready to buy my 1st good machine that's where I went... I drooled over the space in the expression. But, between the time I decided I needed a new pfaff and actually buying one I bought an old singer to FMQ on. I wound up going with an ambition instead... it uses a different open toe foot for FMQ, and my dealer has yet to get one in, so I haven't even tried it yet, but that's OK that's what the Singer is for. I love my machine and have had absolutely no problems with it, aside from thread snobbery. Luckily so far it's just a no name snob - it's ok with Coats&clark and other cheap brands, but the no names stuff I got from Ebay is not ok.
But, if you've already had 2 you don't like why not look at other brands and see if you like them better?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:20 PM

I have a PFAFF #79! It's been everywhere with me, even falling down the steps! Just take it in for a cleaning every once in awhile. It has started to hesitate when I press on the foot pedal, but that is my only complaint. Good luck with your decision on a new machine.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:04 PM

Wow this thread is still alive. Back on July I mentioned I had a new Pfaff Creative 2.0. Loved it but was amazed by the Creative Vision so I bought it a month ago. I so love Pffaf. I have the Tiptronic 2030 made in Germany, the 2.0, the Creative Vision and the Serger with Coverlock stitch. I will sell the Creative 2.0 because it is new and cannot use 3 macines at once. I expect I don't regret selling it. I am a fan of Pfaff and love my Dealer.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:17 AM

Just in case anyone else is having problems with their QE4 when FMQ'ing, this is what seemed to 'cure' my breaking threads and skipped stitches (I was getting about 10 stitches and then mayhem).
* drop feed dogs
*Spring Free Motion (in toolbox)
*Tension-4:6
*90 needle (new)
*Medium speed (press button and use arrows to adjust)
*One-eyed footplate
*Thread in stand up position (will be changing to separate holder when it arrives in the post)
*Pivot height -3 (in toolbox)
*Stitch length to 0
*Open-toed foot
*Auto foot lift to off (in toolbox)

***Re-thread top and bottom (bobbin) after any subsequent breakage

If anyone needs any elaboration on any of the above, please PM me .