Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pigeon Forge TN shops? >

Pigeon Forge TN shops?

Pigeon Forge TN shops?

Old 07-27-2016, 08:48 AM

Default Pigeon Forge TN shops?

Hubby and I will be spending a week near Pigeon Forge TN, and I'm wondering if there are any must-see fabric shops in the area. Not that I need more fabric, but he's a good sport about shopping for fabric and yarn, and I enjoy buying fabric as a souvenir.

Thank you!

Drea C.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Looks like there may be one or two in the vicinity. One says it is a Factory store. Have fun.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pige...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Old 07-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

here is a link that lets you search by state. http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...y-t279997.html
Old 07-27-2016, 03:03 PM

If you're going to Pigeon Forge, I would make the trek out to Maryville to visit Pappy's Quilting Place - it is on Old Sevierville Rd. There is also Machine Quilting by Iva - don't let the name fool you, they have a TON of fabric. It is on Old Knoxville Highway. They Cherry Pit is in downtown Sevierville and is wonderful. Holloway's Country House in Cosby is not too far either. But my absolute favorite is Mountain Stitches by Susan in the arts & crafts area of Gatlinburg. The owner and her husband are super sweet.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:48 PM

The cherry pit is very nice. Look on rowbyrowexperience.com for the stores in the area. Knoxville is about an hour away. With as hot it is now in TN (heat index of 100) you may just want to go to Dollywood's Splash Country to cool off.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:21 PM

PS - Lil Dolly's is basically a souvenir shop - with factory made quilts, not a quilt shop.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:46 PM

We are leaving hot DE to go to Pigeon Forge Aug. 16. We will go to Dolly Stampede for dinner one night. It's been a few years since I have been there but I remember the one on Glades Rd. had really nice patterns. I am melting here but I know Tenn can be hot too. I guess I will cool off in the creek there.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:36 AM

Thank you for all the input, everyone! Yes, it's going to be hot, but it's always nice to get away and see a new place. We'll just stay hydrated and think about snow.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie R View Post
If you're going to Pigeon Forge, I would make the trek out to Maryville to visit Pappy's Quilting Place - it is on Old Sevierville Rd. There is also Machine Quilting by Iva - don't let the name fool you, they have a TON of fabric. It is on Old Knoxville Highway. They Cherry Pit is in downtown Sevierville and is wonderful. Holloway's Country House in Cosby is not too far either. But my absolute favorite is Mountain Stitches by Susan in the arts & crafts area of Gatlinburg. The owner and her husband are super sweet.
I have to agree with Julie! I visited all these shops (just happened to catch their Shop Hop) on my way home from KY-thru-TN-to-NC one day. All of these are wonderful, and well worth a little drive out of the way. And if you're coming thru the Tri-Cities area (Kingsport/Bristol/Johnson City) there are a couple of shops there as well (my son lives in Bristol).
Enjoy your trip!
Old 07-28-2016, 03:48 PM

I too, agree with Julie R. Was in the area a couple of years ago and because it was close to closing time I called Machine Quilting by Iva and she stayed late for me! Lots to see. I also stopped in Knoxville at Gina's Bernina. Very friendly staff.