Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pineapple Block Quilt >

Pineapple Block Quilt

Pineapple Block Quilt

Old 05-12-2015, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

If you keep making blocks, you will have a beautiful quilt.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
Is EQ a software that needs frequent updates once you purchase it? Or is it good for a long time before you need to update (I have no patience for that.)
It does have updates called "builds" such as patches and software updates; those are free. For instance, the most recent update fixed some printing issues, increased the size of the dots on the worktable grid, some of the tools are easier to use and find, etc.

When a new version comes out, you just buy it, as someone else said. However, what wasn't mentioned was that if you already have the latest version of EQ, you get a generous discount when purchasing the new one. EQ7, the most recent version, came out in June of 2010. They also released a Mac version last spring.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
I love this too. How were you able to post this pic? I have EQ7 too but it only saves as a PJ7. if I missed something in my tutorials, excuse my lack of knowledge. thanks!
The easiest way to do it: When working on the quilt worktable, click File, then go down to "Export Image". It will save as a .jpg. This is how Maniac posted her image.

I prefer to post images without the patch lines showing. That's a little more complicated. First I go to Print Setup, and choose my .pdf printer as the default printer. Then I print the quilt to a .pdf and save it. Then I open the .pdf in Photoshop and save it as a .jpg.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca_S View Post
I like the blocks that Peckish laid out!
For that layout to work, half the blocks will need to be mirror images of the other blocks. They are laid out so every other block has the colors in opposite order.
THANK YOU. This is what my mind can't figure out - how many blocks of each type do I need to be able to put various colors together. I can only get so far as to figure out that if I make all the blocks all the same, I won't be able to line them up in the color scheme I want. Very helpful information, thanks.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:47 PM

As I was looking at your block, I really liked it, but didn't care for the first layout that Peckish showed. As I was thinking, she posted the second and third version. They are just what I was thinking. I like the secondary pattern that is formed when the colors are together. Your quilt will be beautiful when you get it made.
Sue
Old 05-12-2015, 02:16 PM

I recently bought EQ7, but haven't had time to look at it yet. Honestly, I'm a more than a little intimidated by it. Love the layouts shown, makes me really want to give it a whirl.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
Peckish - I prefer the red square block.

I am struggling mightily with this. I'm afraid I have to copy the block several times and lay it out and play with it, as has been suggested.

I get very frustrated by my inability to visualize multiple blocks. It took me 5 minutes to figure out the difference between the 2 blocks you showed was black vs red middle square. Very, very hard for my brain to differentiate.

Thanks for your help.
Pudge, you can scan your square and then print off several copies so you can play around with different layouts.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:46 PM

Love your block. It will be a stunning quilt. I say keep going.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
Pudge, you can scan your square and then print off several copies so you can play around with different layouts.
If you have a camera - you can take pictures of the various layouts and compare them later -or a camera on/in your phone -
Old 05-12-2015, 10:28 PM

I wish I could remember what blog I saw that had such an easy way to make this block without a ruler or anything, It made it look like I could even do it. Your colors are grrreeeaaat!