Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Portable bobbin winder

I have one and I like it. I dislike winding bobbins, especially mid project. I don't think it winds them quite as well as my machine does, but it works.

Okay, I love the bobbin winder - got it at Jo Ann's with a 50% off coupon. I love not using the machine to wind bobbins and I wind 4-5 at the beginning of each project. All my machines, require that I un-thread the machines to wind the bobbins so I made this great investment and love it.
    Busy in Ohio

I have the deluxe bobbin winder and love it! I use it for all of my machines - all the way from the late 1800 treadle to the long arm. I've had no issues and it sure is a lot easier than winding on the machine (at least to me!).
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

I have tried using them at a quilt retreat. I still prefer to use my machine to wind the bobbin.

Blog Entries
    Mine sold well at a garage sale.
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

I have the K winder it will wind bobbins for my vikings!

I use mine a lot. When I free motion quilt I hate to stop to wind bobbins. When I start a project I wind 4 or 5 of a color. If I still have some left but want to change color of thread I just use up whatever is left on the bobbin so I can wind a bunch more. I love mine.

Blog Entries
    I purchased one but not happy how well is winds the thread. A friend has one and thinks it is the bees knees .
    Finished is better than a UFO

I love mine...they keep you from wearing out the motor of your machine. The older ones. Newer machines mostly have separate motors for sewing and bobbin winding. It is cheaper than replacing your motor!

Blog Entries
    I have to admit, I'm a little suspicious and wary. Has anyone ever heard of someone who needed to buy a new machine or have a motor replaced because they wore out the old motor by winding too many bobbins? This sounds like a marketing gimmick to me. I DO have an older machine but I can't utilize a bobbin winder because the bobbins don't fit. So much for THAT idea, lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast