Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Prayer Shaw

I was in the LQS getting fabric for my next quilt. As I was checking out I noticed the lady had a display of a Prayer Shaw. The sign said the pattern was free with the purchase of a certain fabric (can't remember the name of the fabric) I asked her if the pattern could be bought seperately. I was told that the pattern was made for that particular fabric, as the fabric was only 15 " wide. I though okay. After I left I got to thinking, why couldn't that pattern be used on other fabric? It made no since. So I came to the conclussion, she justed wanted people to buy the fabric. Didn't ask how much it was. What do you all think?

Joyce

sounds that way to me. did it have a border or something special, that would make the fabric specfic fabric?? if so is that fabric not suitable for other prpjects?? I can't imagine that would be the case

Go to "search" and type in prayer shawl pattern and you will see what others on this board have said and suggested, even where to get a pattern. Hope this helps.

You may be correct in thinking the lady just wanted to sell her fabirc, but I am sure you can use any fabric. Check out what our sister and brother quilters have to say on the subject after you use "search".

Joyce[/quote]

I agree with you.

I made a quilted shawl from a pattern on ModaBakeShop. Here is a picture of it
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-89971-1.htm

Pat