Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt workshop with Ann Shaw >

Quilt workshop with Ann Shaw

Quilt workshop with Ann Shaw

Old 10-19-2016, 06:37 PM

Smile Quilt workshop with Ann Shaw

I am so excited I applied for and am using a scholarship from my local quilt guild to attend a class with Ann Shaw in Vancouver, WA this weekend. My reservations have been made and I am staying in a turn of the century Hotel in Camas, Wa. then the class is at the Camas Meadows Golf Club. Friday we start out with a Trunk Show by Ann at Fiddlesticks quilt shop and then Saturday and Sunday are devoted to the class. I can hardly wait I have been collecting fabrics and have a suitcase full to take to class! I have been having a hard time trying to decide which pattern I will make. I thought I would do the new Eagle pattern but after seeing it I am more inclined to doing the poppy. what do you think http://annshawquilting.com/ then go to her patterns, or http://www.fiddlesticksquiltshop.com...-patterns.html I also like her Rooster patterns trying to decide is so hard. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:08 PM

Have fun in your class.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:41 PM

I would chose the pattern that calls to you the most.

I took a class from Ann in July. She is a wonderful and gifted teacher. She showed us how to take our own photos and make our own quilts in Ruth McDowell/Ann Shaw style. I had a lot of fun interacting with Ann and my classmates, swapping fabrics and ideas. Hopefully you will have fun also!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:49 PM

Oh wonderful patterns to choose from! I like all the birds.. I think I would do the Tufted Puffin or Quack
Old 10-20-2016, 02:08 AM

I suppose it all depends upon your likes. As for me, I would like the Summer Smiles (the yellow flower) or the Flowers of the Gorge (poppy).
Old 10-20-2016, 03:37 AM
Power Poster

I like the tulip pattern but they all make me smile.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 AM

I started out thinking I would do her new one the eagle but I started a snippit of a flying eagle that I like more. So the gorge poppy calls to me since my mom had such a green thumb and beautiful poppies. However I love the Puffin as well. Peckish I wish I could have been in the design class but didn't come across her classes till August so I plan to get all the information I can on how she does. I then come back and teach my guild and I am planning to recommend to them Quack. I think he is such a cute duck and will be a lot of fun to do as a class project with verring skill levels.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by roserips View Post
Peckish I wish I could have been in the design class but didn't come across her classes till August so I plan to get all the information I can on how she does.
I believe she's teaching the same design class in the spring at Fiddlesticks, you can always come back!

Yep, just checked the website, she has 2 more classes listed. Thurs March 9 through Sun March 12, or Thurs April 27th through Sun April 30. Sign up quick!

And if the price puts you off a bit, take into consideration that Cheran and Brian, the wonderful owners, will let you make payments in advance, which is how I paid for my class. I simply purchased gift certificates in the months preceding the class. It was totally worth it.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:19 AM

What to decide? That's so hard for me. I love them all, but I tend to collect chickens and flowers. That would be so fun to trade fabrics. Enjoy and report back here with a show and tell.

Marcia
Old 10-21-2016, 03:10 AM

I agree with Peckish, I'm sure something will jump out at you...it sounds like a terrific time. We'd love to hear about your experience.