Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The price of change. >

The price of change.

The price of change.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 AM

So many of you may remember the really long "Joann's sucks" thread a few months ago. I had posted about a bad expereince that has kept me away from my local Joann's. I have been driving 30 minutes to another Joann's for a few months now.

Today, I needed to get some fabric for a dog bed and my son was being super cranky. I decided to chance it and go to my local Joann's hoping it would be a quick trip. Much to my surprise, the store was clean and organized. The workers were even.... NICE and efficient!

When leaving the store I ran into a lady I had never seen there before and she was carrying a deposit envelope. I stopped her and asked if she was a new manager. Of course she was... and I told her how impressed I was with all the changes. She proceeded to tell me how she was revamping the store and firing rude employees (hence the price of change). We chatted for a few minutes and she asked me to keep in touch with her regarding my experiences in her store. I am just so excited that someone cares and look forward to shopping there again.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:57 AM

thanks for noting the positive ;-)
Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 AM

Well, I guess having a cranky little one paid off today!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:02 AM

This is good news! I am still waiting to hear of this same change taking place in my local JoAnns.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
This is good news! I am still waiting to hear of this same change taking place in my local JoAnns.
Maybe I can send her your way when she finishs up here ;)
Old 11-09-2010, 10:04 AM

It's nice that you took the time to tell us of your good experience there... too often we are left with only the negative. I live so far away from any Joann's, Hancock's, and the only quilt store, that I am so grateful when I get to go! Glad your day was better today than last time!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

:thumbup: :thumbup:

1) for the improved store

2) for you taking the time to talk to the manager and let her know you noticed and appreciated the changes
Old 11-09-2010, 10:12 AM

We usually make it a point to compliment a store manager on how well their store operates. And we also do not hesitate to speak up on poor treatment.

We had a really bad experience at a national home improvement chain store. We contact the corporate headquarters, and by time it was all over we had the district manager calling us daily for like two weeks. She sent us a $100.00 gift card to spend which we thought was very nice, but we stressed to her we wanted nothing. She sent it as a gesture of good faith.

We will drive out of our way to patronize a store with excellent customer service and avoid those who don't.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

When I encounter terrible customer service from employees of a store, I dig in. I make it almost impossible for them to ignore me. I ask as many questions as I can think of, I ask to be shown many many items, I ask about sales, quality, price comparisons, if they can't answer I ask to speak to the manager or ask the manager for the number to the home office. I will make a purchase but only after I have gotten the price of the item in their time spent with me. After a few times of this, I am greeted by name and helped as fast and nice as possible to get me out of there. LOL
Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 AM

thats awesome!