Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Price for Machine Quilting? >
  • Price for Machine Quilting?

• Price for Machine Quilting?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:33 PM

I have found that good long arm quilting is an art. If you find a person who does a wonderful job the expense is worth it. Good quilting really enhances your project. I highly recommend Charismah. She does wonderful work and her prices are in the middle range. She is definitely worth every penny and more.
    Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 PM

Where do I find this list on the board? I did a search but all posts concerning longarm quilting came up.
    Thank you!
    KathyKat
    Originally Posted by ckcowl
    there is a list of long arm'ers here on the board- catagorized by location- check the list, find someone in your neck of the woods- look at their work to see if you like the type of quilting they do- and send them a pm- they will be happy to send you their pricelist and guidelines- everyone is different-
    some charge by the project itself- some charge by the square inch...like 1 1/2 cents a square inch-
    some only do panto's=edge to edge patterns- some do custom work- some are computer guided, some are all free=handed- the prices vary as much as the techniques- and skills.
    we really do not (normally) discuss prices on the open board- that is more a private message exchange.
    Old 11-21-2011, 02:35 PM

I almost feel guilty telling what I just paid today for my king size quilt! I paid $50! She provided the batting and thread. I am going to add the binding as I am going to do prairie points. She usually charges $55 for a king and I believe she charges an additional $20 to do the binding. She does a beautiful job too! I am very happy! My question here, since it was my first to have done....should I have included a tip?
    Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM

I just tried to locate the list of Long Arm pros on the board . I used to know right where it was .. anyone konw where its at now in the new format?
    Old 11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
    Power Poster

Do a search on the web for long arm quilters and you will get a broad selection to look at that quote their prices.
    peace
    Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 PM

I have always wanted to ask this question. Thanks to everyone. I've learned a lot.
    Old 11-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Casi
    I almost feel guilty telling what I just paid today for my king size quilt! I paid $50! She provided the batting and thread. I am going to add the binding as I am going to do prairie points. She usually charges $55 for a king and I believe she charges an additional $20 to do the binding. She does a beautiful job too! I am very happy! My question here, since it was my first to have done....should I have included a tip?
    I don't know about the tip but you might be getting a lot of pm's asking about information on this LA. LOL
    Old 11-21-2011, 04:12 PM

I've had my husband's quilt...my avatar done by granny7x ...she did a fabulous job and was very reasonable, even with the shipping.
    Old 11-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Casi
    OMG!!! Holy cow moly, girlfriend please share
    Old 11-21-2011, 04:14 PM

It depends on the size of the quilt, whether its an edge to edge design or a custom job, how much thread is used and if they provide the batting.