Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price for Machine Quilting? >

Price for Machine Quilting?

Price for Machine Quilting?

Old 11-24-2011, 07:02 AM

The last quilt I had quilted cost me over $150, can't remember exactly. I supplied everything but the thread. It was between a full and a queen in size but she custom quilted it. It turned out beautiful. I like this quilter even though she is expensive she is the one I get when I want a custom job. I would recommend her to anyone.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:38 AM

My LAQ charges by the square inch X 0.01598. And it depends if you want an allover meandering quilting or custom quilting. A large lap quilt is $60-$75. A queensize quilt was $185, crib quilt $ 30-$45.
Prices probable differ state to state. I am always satisfied with my quilts, I'm glad to have someone to quilt them so I can start piecing another quilt. LOL
Old 11-26-2011, 11:52 AM

I have had a couple of quilts that I sent to Charisma Horton and she does awesome job at a reasonable price...you can find her here on the board or her website http://charismascorner.com... she has her pricing available on website and lots of pics.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:36 AM

Sharon I am still kind of new with the new board but I am in the Aurora area and I can probably help you with your quilting as I do have a mid arm with frame. Can you pm me?

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
I just had a double bed size done for $125 (batting included but I supplied the backing). Another quilter here is more expensive but does an outstanding job..He is more like $175. I do some of my own by hand but it takes such a long time and I have so many I want to make. Sigh...I love the work I have seen from LAQers on the board but none live nearby and shipping gets expensive. If you hear of a reasonable quilter in Illinois please send me a PM asap! Good luck!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:45 AM

I would check with your local quilt shop, see if they have info on local long arm quilters and samples, make sure you look at their work, machine tension and designs. I have a very good friend who does mine in Monroe NC, she has 2 Gammills and turns them around within 2 weeks. She is not only fast, she is very affordable. Her prices start at .18 cents per square inch.