Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

gramajo 02-27-2013 08:14 AM

Emma S: Welcome! You can do it--just keep plugging away--any little bit helps and gets you a little closer :D

dublb 02-27-2013 10:39 AM

Laura ya could pick out several o' those other blocks ta go around the star & add different borders ta 'em till they fit tagether. I just love how borders can fix "a multitude o' sins." :) (Sorry old sayin', it really means mistakes.)

Emma S 02-27-2013 04:43 PM

Gramajo: Thank you for the encouragement. I just ordered a camera, when it comes I will take pictures.

Lara122 02-27-2013 07:21 PM

Thanks Bev. I think I am going to pull the star for a table topper, and see if I can just stick that other stuff together. If not, NewBee needs to get ready for a box!! lol

I am working on stuff though. I basted and got the binding ready for a basket weave piece I had played with. Hello table topper!! lol

dublb 02-27-2013 08:04 PM

EmmaS & Lara - I can't wait ta see what ya'll will come up with. :)

SheriR 02-27-2013 08:30 PM

Laura, I love your blocks! If those were my sample blocks I'd put the star in my quilt too. I don't have a picture but a group did a sampler called Just Takes Two last year, it had a big star and loads of other types of blocks and it was fantastic! I think it's such a great idea to make your sample blocks out of like colors! You end up with a fun sampler quilt some day. And who knows... In 100 years someone will remake it and start a following. Do I hear DearLaura? :D

oksewglad 02-28-2013 08:50 AM

I've been working on some UFO baby quilts; have 2 done, one quilted, 2 ready to quilt and another top almost ready to go. Was hoping to get it all done this week. Now my sister's coming next week and all we will do is talk, but she's making a GFG from vintage fabric and we're going to raid my stash for additional hexies. Will be fun to work together and talk!

dublb 02-28-2013 09:09 AM

OK - That's gonna be fun!

dublb 02-28-2013 09:12 AM

I have just been workin' on the PC blocks & the blue & yellow blocks. Well last week I decided that I "had" ta finish somethin'. I pulled out a nearly finished baby quilt fro PL. I worked on it a li'le bit at a time & will finish it taday. :)

wildyard 02-28-2013 09:40 AM

As February is slipping into the past and March oh so quickly approaches, I want to congratulate everyone on their fantastic finishes!!! Big hugs of welcome to our new members and we are so excited to see your projects and finishes. The train whistle blowwwwssss whoootttttttttt whootttttttttttt, in welcome as you climb aboarddddd.
I have to say I just love how this group has evolved. Everyone is so enthusiastic and supportive. You are all awesome!!! I want to say thank you to each of you for making this such a wonderful place to come and find the support we all need to get these UFOs out and finished!!! Big hugs and smilessssss.