Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

Shadowirish 03-17-2013 09:54 AM

For March finish

2 Attachment(s)
I'm working on this lap size for my March finish. I'm using a QAYG is sections, the largest one I've tried. Hopefully I can line it up ok then it will be reversible.

QuilterMomma 03-18-2013 09:04 AM

I am thrilled to say that I am almost done with the Bronco quilt, yep just that binding. Then I found some class samples (not ufo projects left) that need their binding done. Traded quilting for binding so I just need to sew it on, she will do the rest. I have only the borders left on the new year myster quilt. So thrilled. I even have all my Civil Was blocks cut out and made six of them, 3 for me and 3 for her. Now to finish the other nine for her and my 9.

I did step into a wonderful buy on a Buggy Barn quilt BOM kit. So I bought it. Love it! Yes, I am going to start a new once once I get these other little things done. This way I have something new to go with my old.

Emma S 03-18-2013 11:41 AM

Great going Quilter Momma! Bet it feels really good to be accomplishing so much.

mom-6 03-19-2013 11:37 AM

I've been working on several projects but can't seem to make myself stick with doing the quilting on the autumn leaves swap blocks quilt that my friend's DGD picked as her birthday quilt. Really need to get on with it as her birthday was last week. LOL!

wildyard 03-20-2013 08:58 AM

Heading to Ohio to spend spring break with the grandbrats in a few days. Guess the tshirt quilt will have to become an April finish. At least I got one done in March. LOL.

Y'all keep up the good work and I'll see you now and then but I won't be doing any quilting while I'm away. Hugs and smiles!

Emma S 03-20-2013 10:12 AM

Have a great time Linda.

kristakz 03-21-2013 03:19 AM

Waaah! I was quilting my March UFO, and decided I needed to redo a section because I wasn't happy with the feathers I'd quilted into it. I ripped all the stitching out, and when I straighted it up to start over again, I noticed that I put a small hole in the fabric when I was ripping :( There's so much work in this quilt, I can't bear the thought of leaving a hole which will only get bigger with each washing. I thought about applique, but I can't come up with anything that won't look out of place - the hole is in the center of the top border. I'm thinking my only option is to replace a section of the border - but that means ripping more quilting (and hopefully not putting yet another hole in it), and then hoping that the 2 extra seams don't stand out like sore thumbs. Sigh. I'm so mad at myself for not being more careful.

toolazy 03-21-2013 03:56 AM

Krista, could you weave in a patch with threads from extra fabric and the teensiest drop of glue?

Emma S 03-21-2013 05:49 AM

Oh Krista, darn I am so sorry! TooLazy's suggestion may work, although I don't really know how to do this. My husband had a suit that he somehow managed to put a rip into (not a seam), a tailor rewove the fabric and you really couldn't tell that it had ever happened. I know it can be done. The other possibility is a simple mending and then quilting over it. Quilting can cover a multitude of sins. I hope someone comes up with a solution, let us know how you solve the problem.

J.M. 03-21-2013 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 5943106)
I thought about applique, but I can't come up with anything that won't look out of place - the hole is in the center of the top border.

I looked at the pictures on your blog, and might be able to offer a solution that doesn't involve more ripping out. But it will bring more work, though. Instead of just a piece of applique at the site of the hole, why not devise a pattern for applique for the entire border? Or even just the top and bottom border, not appliqueing (sp?) the sides. That way, it won't look out of place. Another option might be to applique a name or a date on the top border - of course covering the hole.

Just some ideas for if you want to fix this with applique.