Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

gramajo 01-10-2013 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5776052)
Here are the first two ideas. Now I'm not even sure I like the brown there. I can't believe it's so difficult.... I gave myself a third choice.

I like your 3rd choice with the brown on the outside.

kristakz 01-10-2013 09:17 AM

How much of the fabric do you have? I like the purple on the inside, next to the yellow. But I'm not too fond of the brown. My Easy Street has 5 borders - in your colours it would be 2" purple, 1" background, 1" yellow, 1" background, 5" purple.

PurplePassion 01-10-2013 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 5776220)
How much of the fabric do you have? I like the purple on the inside, next to the yellow. But I'm not too fond of the brown. My Easy Street has 5 borders - in your colours it would be 2" purple, 1" background, 1" yellow, 1" background, 5" purple.

Same here ; I like the purple and yellow, but not sure of the brown.

Mariposa 01-10-2013 09:31 AM

Sheri- I like the brown-yellow-purple option! SOmebody has to be a bit different here~~:)

Fraew 01-10-2013 09:31 AM

Laughing as I post this, since we all like a different one. He he.

I like the thin brown and wide purple. I don't think the yellow "adds". Yes it matches, but doesn't add (for me). I think the yellow would look great if you did piped binding (as the piping)

dublb 01-10-2013 10:11 AM

I like your 3rd choice! The yellow seems ta float that way.

SheriR 01-10-2013 10:19 AM

You guys are cracking me up. And it's funny. While I was taking the pics I thought I like the brown in the quilt but not in the border....

Krista can you give me a picture of your FIVE piece border?

I have plenty of red yellow purple. It would be scrappy. I'm purchasing more neutral for my backing so I'd have more for borders if I need.

I don't know...it's so full if color already. The border needs to pull it together.

Fraew 01-10-2013 11:25 AM

Last night I finally sewed the binding to the front of the Xmas star wreath quilt and then spent 2 hours taking it off! And now it's back on again. The right way!

I have no doubt how my UFOs multiply...frustration!

Hope to get it hand stitched to the back this weekend. I would love to bring it to show and tell at the guild meeting next Tuesday.

kristakz 01-10-2013 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5776398)
Krista can you give me a picture of your FIVE piece border?

You bet. Here's my Easy Street with borders.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387280[/ATTACH]

asimplelife 01-10-2013 12:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the UFOs I have in the binding stage. Both are lap quilts that will go in my living room... the darker diagonal Shabby Roses this winter and Shabby Heart in the spring (and around Valentine's Day!). I had these professionally quilted last month. Shabby Roses will be bound in the red from the inner border and some of the diagonal small blocks and I'll use the red heart fabric to do Shabby Heart.