Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

carriem 01-11-2013 07:03 AM

Some more very pretty quilts. Thanks for sharing your progress!

Fraew 01-12-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5776839)
GO GO!! HIGH FIVE! Um...do you wear a thimble when you hand sew?

I push the needle with the side of my middle finger, so I wear a leather/plastic adjustable thimble thingy that covers the side of my finger. When I sew on binding, I seem to push the needle with both the side and tip of my middle finger so I am trying to also wear a thimble also...struggling, but I know that I have to practice.

Fraew 01-12-2013 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5780988)
I push the needle with the side of my middle finger, so I wear a leather/plastic adjustable thimble thingy that covers the side of my finger. When I sew on binding, I seem to push the needle with both the side and tip of my middle finger so I am trying to also wear a thimble also...struggling, but I know that I have to practice.

Binding...using just the tip of my finger, not the side.

wildyard 01-13-2013 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yayyyy, I posted a finish so now I get to post here on my next project... the UFO in progress. It's a king size tshirt quilt. Any questions as to why I've put this one off? lol. I started cutting the shirts last summer, but was so overwhelmed, I just set it aside. There are 40 shirts going into this quilt, then I have another one to do that will only be a throw. Since I haven't started the throw one, normally it wouldn't be considered a UFO, however the shirts were sent to me from California last spring to be made into a quilt, and since the quilts are for someone else, however understanding they are about waiting for them, lol, I have counted them both as UFOs, as they do need to be delivered back to their owner before either of us expires. Heehee. This is what I got done since Thursday!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]387903[/ATTACH]

kristakz 01-13-2013 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My UFO is nearing completion! This top was completed about 3 years ago. Since then, it's tried really hard to become the UFO of the month, both in 2011 and 2012. Now, since I have a long arm machine, I have no more excuses. First UFO of the year is this one. Quilting is done now, just have to bind it. I'm hoping to finish by Wednesday, for Show and Tell at the guild meeting, because I know that once I give it to my son, I'm never getting it back :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387929[/ATTACH]

GrannieAnnie 01-13-2013 03:59 PM

I need to set such a goal for myself. But I won't be posting any pics. Can't on this board. Guess it's my computer since I follow directions and still get nothing.

But thanks for a great idea

GrannieAnnie 01-13-2013 04:02 PM

Fraew, love the quilting ou did on the wreath quilt. Very nice!

Fraew 01-13-2013 09:11 PM

Oh Krista that's so nice!!! :thumbup:

Thank you GrannieAnnie. Charisma did a fabulous job with the quilting. Less than 1/2 of 1 side left of binding. It's sooo close to done. Can't wait.

karenpatrick 01-14-2013 04:07 AM

OK. I'm in. One question. If I have bought the layer cake, pulled the coordinating fabric from my stash, chosen the pattern from a book and bundled the whole thing. Does this count as a UFO? I haven't actually started any cutting it yet.

irishrose 01-14-2013 05:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One done. My GD posted a picture on Facebook so I was able to grab it. How many to UFOs go?? Do I want to know? The baby is due next month then I can do a quilt in the pinks I'm anticipating.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388013[/ATTACH]