Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bleeding (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bleeding-t190041.html)

Sunnye 05-26-2012 05:44 AM

Bleeding

I bought a BUNCH of flannels at JoAnn's sale yesterday. I've already washed most of it and they are all bleeding! Some of them have already gone through three or more washes and rinses!
Does anyone know if JoAnn's takes them back if they can't be used?

Any hope/suggestions (for the fabric, not JoAnn's)?

Thanks!

joyce888 05-26-2012 05:53 AM

I would most certainly take them back. I believe they require that the fabric has not been cut and if you have your receipt you should get your money back. Curious was this the Snuggle flannel or Quilters Quality flannel?

Tartan 05-26-2012 05:58 AM

Good grief! I have no idea if they will take it back but it doesn't hurt to check. If you've had to repeat wash it, is it getting faded and pilling too?

crafty pat 05-26-2012 06:06 AM

How awful to buy something you can't use. I would sure take it back. I know Hancocks takes it back. They stick a little tag on it you keep and use if you need to return it. Good luck.

nanna-up-north 05-26-2012 06:10 AM

I just don't trust non LQS fabrics.... especially flannels. So many places put cheaper inferior items for sale for those 'super sales'. The stores make more profit than their regular stuff but you get way less quality. Sorry you had this experience..... yes, try to take it back.

Sunnye 05-26-2012 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by joyce888 (Post 5243963)
I would most certainly take them back. I believe they require that the fabric has not been cut and if you have your receipt you should get your money back. Curious was this the Snuggle flannel or Quilters Quality flannel?

The Quilters flannel did not bleed. The Snuggle did.

Sunnye 05-26-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5243977)
Good grief! I have no idea if they will take it back but it doesn't hurt to check. If you've had to repeat wash it, is it getting faded and pilling too?

Doesn't look faded or pilled but it is sure bleeding!

Sunnye 05-26-2012 07:13 AM

My local LQS only has pastel patterned in baby stuff flannel. I want vibrant colors; solid and patterned but not in baby style.

bearisgray 05-26-2012 07:29 AM

You can try to take it back - make sure you have the receipt with you.

I consider fabric 'defective' if it keeps releasing color.

On the positive side - aren't you relieved that you found out that this fabric has issues BEFORE you cut and sewed it?

Sunnye 05-26-2012 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5244171)
You can try to take it back - make sure you have the receipt with you.

I consider fabric 'defective' if it keeps releasing color.

On the positive side - aren't you relieved that you found out that this fabric has issues BEFORE you cut and sewed it?

Yes, I ALWAYS wash first thing.