Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can anyone relate???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-anyone-relate-t211973.html)

sewmary 01-25-2013 02:38 PM

Listen to Jan!

Also, when you started this thread you said you were excited! Then you overthought it!

Grab that excitement back and make that gorgeous quilt.

Sounds like something I would like to do.

KwiltyKahy 01-25-2013 02:54 PM

Sounds like you can't mess it up. If it is not exactly the way you thought it would be it becomes a "design element', That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

barri1 01-25-2013 03:01 PM

Just do it. When I make scrap quilts, I sew pieces together, and it all comes together. It can be fun, and a major challenge to think outside the box. I have never made a quilt from a pattern I haven't designed..

LivelyLady 01-25-2013 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter (Post 5812962)
You are much braver than I would be! I'm a pattern girl myself. I'd be beside myself having bought all that fabric and finding there was no 'pattern' to follow!

That's me, too. I think I am so much inside the box that I'll always be a traditionalist quilter.

sewingsuz 01-25-2013 03:31 PM

I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Tiaboo and chasing hawk

Toni C 01-25-2013 03:33 PM

I have trouble with wonky blocks (it messes with my sense of order) Figured I would have trouble with Twisters but ended up loving it.I'm pretty sure this would be to much for me. Good luck and would love pics

amandasgramma 01-25-2013 03:38 PM

This is where design walls come in handy ---- near your sewing machine! What pattern did you buy???? I'm so curious!

Chasing Hawk -- I've got a Take 5 on my machine now..........you can't hardly make a mistake...just use the design board or lay it on the floor. You can switch those blocks around.

ube quilting 01-25-2013 04:25 PM

Go for it and see where it takes you not where you take it!
have fun and post some of your progress as you go. This sounds exciting.
peace

ube quilting 01-25-2013 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5812954)
I had this issue last night. I am working on a Take 5 quilt for one of our granddaughters. The pattern instructions say to turn each one a certain amount of times to make it look "scrapy". I started to go bonkers, because all my working career it all had to line up. I still can't get the idea of letting it go with the flow as they say when it comes to my quilts.
I have to remember...Perfection is NOT an option, nothing is to be Perfect it's disrespectful to Wakan Tanka.

Finally after several breaks, a dinner of leftover Tuna casserole, I finally got it the way I want it.
But no peeks until I am done with the other 2 and Curtis Ray's turtle quilt.

@ post #2 Chasing Hawk: Please, info about Wakan Tanka?

TanyaL 01-25-2013 08:49 PM

If it is the sewing that is bothering you then do as suggested and make a practice block from not liked scrap fabric. If however, you aren't sure of the design graphics in this new style quilt, then put the design together from construction paper. That's a lot quicker and easier than the sewing. You can glue the colored construction paper to a newspaper backing and make a paper quilt very quickly.