Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Clotilde (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/clotilde-t25543.html)

tlrnhi 09-16-2009 08:03 AM

No, I'm not going to try them again.
I've called them too many times and was more or less abused on the phone. Big heavy sighs from the person I was talking to. Made me think that I was bothering them and they had something better to do. It wasn't just one person, it was ALL the people I talked to. Not going to do business with a company that is like that.

On a side note, They owe me a refund for a book they didn't have anymore. On the packing slip, it says....refund to be sent in seperate mailing. Guess I'll be waiting 8 weeks for that!

Tippy 09-16-2009 08:20 AM

That totally sux Teri... wait a minute, do you mean to tell me that they debited your account for a book they don't have and now have to send a refund?

tlrnhi 09-16-2009 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tippy
That totally sux Teri... wait a minute, do you mean to tell me that they debited your account for a book they don't have and now have to send a refund?

Yup! Took ALL the money the day I made the order. Then took 7 weeks for it to get here only to find out that one book they are out of and they will send a check seperately instead of crediting my account. Stupid, yes?

littlehud 09-16-2009 09:10 AM

That is terrible. In these times I think companies would be going out of their way to keep our business. My spending dollars are precious and I will go with a company that takes care of me.

Nursesews 09-16-2009 09:54 AM

I have had excellent service from Nancy's Notions. aka Nancy Zeiman's catalog/online. :D

Skeat 09-16-2009 10:30 AM

I was the dumb-dumb that ordered their cute book for jackets. You will know which one it is for it use to be on the front cover and now is usually on the inside cover and the girl is blonde and the jacket looks like jelly rolls in soft colors. The prob is, you can't make these jackets w/the book....you also have to go buy patterns wherever they sell patterns...and, the gal used the pattern, made the jacket and put it in the book....w/o the original patterns....I say patterns for it takes more then one as suggested! I did get a refund and not a happy one, but, they did do it and guess they don't usually on books...but, how was I to make the jacket I thought I bought the book to make?! I told them they really need to reword the description on that so everyone would know before they bought this book they would need patterns to actually make them. Oops...then I guess there would be no reason to buy the book! Wonder who else bumped on that road?!LOL Sorry you have had to pull your hair out over there....w/money the way it is, people better get appreciative-huh?:)Skeat

quiltwoman 09-16-2009 12:39 PM

I have never ordered from them. They have some great looking things. I'm sorry to hear that the service was so poor.

BellaBoo 09-16-2009 01:06 PM

I bet Clotilde is the middle man, basically an ordering service. When your order comes to them, they then turn in the order to a distribution seller. That's why they wouldn't/couldn't tell you when it was mailed. It's easy to order from a wholeseller/distributor. Lots of them online. Jhittle for one.

thismomquilts 09-16-2009 01:13 PM

Sorry to hear that... I have ordered from them several times in the past - never ever had a problem. I would definitely tell them by email, snail mail, fax, phone, every possible way that I would not be using them and exactly, in detail why I would not be using them again. Did you get any names of who helped you - I learned the hard way to get names anytime I talk to anyone in any company.
No matter how 'downsized' they have become they should NEVER treat a customer (their bread and butter) like that.
Hope you never have to go through that with any other company again.

quiltluvr 09-16-2009 05:27 PM

I ordered all those chap books/booklets for under a dollar. When I got the package the invoice noted one was out of stock and discontinued so I wouldn't be getting it. I was out .69 cents because they gave me a store credit, but it had a deadline, which I think has passed already.

I'm not streaming, but I feel as a business they aren't entitled to keep even a penny from a customer---as customers we have to pay to the penny. I'm not inclined to order from there before all this anyway but it weighs in on if I'll order ever again.

Sorry your experience wasn't what it needed to be, especially with so much competition for consumer dollars with the economy. You'd think they'd pay special attention to their customers, online, mail, in person, whatever.