Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/david-went-check-out-june-tailor-shape-cut-ruler%3D-perfect-strips-t104132.html)

grandma sue 03-02-2011 07:27 PM

I just got mine that I ordered from JoAnn's. It is the 12 X 18 with 1/4" measure. I have the original one, the small 1/4" one and the half-square triangle one. This one has a 1/4" measure on the left and then 1/2" intervals the rest of the way. But you line up your fabric with the 1/4" line and then start cutting. I love it.

Ceil 03-02-2011 07:43 PM

I had two coupons and bought both the one you have and the 1/4. BUT I thought I'd have to take mine back when I saw yours with all the yellow lines! Didn't realize at first that that was from your cutting board and thought I'd been short-changed! I love your fabrics!!

OHSue 03-02-2011 07:46 PM

I have actually worn mine out, the little keyholes are kind of chewed up.

DonnaB 03-02-2011 07:55 PM

I have the 1/2" Tailor shape cut ruler and love it, thinking about getting the 1/4" one too.

Melinda in Tulsa 03-02-2011 08:07 PM

I've had the shape cut pro for a couple years now and just love it. It has 2½ cut implements only and it's just perfect for the size strips I usually use. It was expensive but I bought it on shoppers rule so it could have been worse!

madamekelly 03-02-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Wow, friends, this ruler is awesome!! I am FINALLY starting my floral log cabin ala Karla and now Deb.
I've been collecting florals for several months and have some nice fabric to work with.
I bought the ruler at Joanne's w/ a coupon but actually forgot about it. Does that tell you the condition of my sewing room??? hehehe
Anyway, I'm off and running with strips! It also has many other shapes you can cut and is very affordable!!
Hugs to all, Sue :D

When you finish that quilt, my address is ____________. I promise to love it. Tee Hee!

madamekelly 03-02-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I have 2 of those rulers, and haven't tried them yet. I know my friends love them. I use the ones at my guildm eetings, calsses etc. Better get to using mine.

If your second one needs a new home, I will gladly let you send it to me. :lol:

Shorebird 03-02-2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Wow, friends, this ruler is awesome!! I am FINALLY starting my floral log cabin ala Karla and now Deb.
I've been collecting florals for several months and have some nice fabric to work with.
I bought the ruler at Joanne's w/ a coupon but actually forgot about it. Does that tell you the condition of my sewing room??? hehehe
Anyway, I'm off and running with strips! It also has many other shapes you can cut and is very affordable!!
Hugs to all, Sue :D

Will have to find this one.....have one of the first ones that came out, and it is nicked and badly worn.....like the looks of the one you have..

Gennynut 03-02-2011 08:47 PM

Yes, I use one too . Got it at Joanne's a few sales ago. Right now working on a Yellow Brick Road, cutting sure went quickly using this shape cut Ruler.

Quiltaddict 03-02-2011 09:50 PM

Aren't those rulers great. I have almost worn out my first one and then I found an almost new one at a yard sale for only 50 cents. I love your floral fabrics, makes me long for spring.