Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-belong-any-other-quilting-message-boards-t202731.html)

rj.neihart 10-11-2012 04:24 AM

I have so many boards I'm on, I've lost track until they send me another email reminding me. This is the main board I use - it's just a feel of 'home' that I enjoy so much!

karenpatrick 10-11-2012 04:30 AM

I only belong to one other and it's a group of Indiana quilters called "quilting in Indiana" but I spend almost all of my allotted laptop time on this board.

itsmesuzq 10-11-2012 05:58 AM

I like Garden Web and this one are my only quilting forums. But I have many favorite Blogs that I love. So much inspiration, tutorials and friendly quilters out there! Thank goodness for bookmarks. I do limit my computer use to early mornings with my coffee or I wouldn't have to quilt! :-)))

Jo Anne B. 10-11-2012 05:59 AM

Ditto what Sandscraps says, couldn't have said it better...

Lori S 10-11-2012 06:07 AM

I spend too much time here ... so adding another... nope ...I guess its because this one fits my needs.

Grannyh67 10-11-2012 06:42 AM

This is home for me, I have learned so much and still learning. Love it and feel like family here. :)

GramMER 10-11-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by asimplelife (Post 5572825)
I belong to HGTV and some quilting groups on Yahoo.

Nhweaver, your comment about guilds makes me smile. I took my beginner's quilting classes from my LQS shortly after moving here about 10 years ago... I picked up enough "commentary" during the working part of the classes between the teacher and the employees which has stopped me every time I think about joining our local group. I prefer online with no strings attached!

I am fascinated by your avatar. Is this a pattern you made up? I am hoping it might be one you can share.

Send it to me privately or on the message board either one.

jlwheart 10-11-2012 08:28 AM

This board keeps me hooked!!! I get so much from everyone and I especially like the positive non-political approach here. Keeping our focus on the beautiful creations the folks here create is really inspiring.

quiltapillow 10-11-2012 08:56 AM

I belong to a guild but its not nice; there are appx. 4 bullies; and when they have drawings-- they look in the box and see who they want to have the fat quarters or the door price because their friends don't fold their entry paper over. No; so far a guild is not a real friendly place to be; also the quilt show they produce is loaded the same way for themost part because the bullies usually run the show to; the rest of us are along for the ride; SO-- this board is the best that I can find. The guild gives me a place to go once a month, the only reason I am still their.

justme CA 10-11-2012 09:15 AM

I like this board but LOVE my Guild. We have fantastic speakers and no one ever needs to join in anything like back stabbing for there isn't any. You must have had a sad experience. I only regret that the meetings are in the evening and I am no longer driving at night. I am a little older than some of you, but am still going strong writing, quilting, gardening and volunteering at a History Center at 86. We find what we look for in a group.