Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric stashes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-stashes-t146583.html)

redvette54 08-20-2011 05:32 PM

Hubby told me the other day more fabric comes in, than quilts go out and I didn't think he noticed.

LindaM49 08-20-2011 05:33 PM

I don't have much of a stash YET. But...IZAquilter I would LOVE to open a closet and see all of those beautiful fabrics that you have stashed.

GwynR 08-20-2011 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
Aside from my sewing machine, everything I have (tools and all) would probably fit in one large rubbermaid container.

Wow, I can remember when my stuff would fit into a rubbermaid container. That was before rubbermaid containers were invented probably! Now I am trying to fit everything into one room!

clynns 08-20-2011 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron
I cannot match yours but my stash has sent out tentacles enough to engulf the guest bedroom wherein I spent countless lonely evenings scraping off 125 years of wallpaper and then recovering in a lovely wistaria pattern. I open a door a crack, slip in with a sturdy old broom handle, and beating off the reaching arms/legs? i grab a couple of pair of worn jeans, pull them writhing out the door and slash them into trash and useable quilt fabric. Phew. Sometimes of an evening, I tip-toe in with a flashlight (I'm not crossing the room to turn on a lamp.) and with a lightening fast nab, drag away a crumbling cardboard box of remnants to sort. Bwa ha ha. :shock:

I love your explaination of the monsters in your closet. Mine has arms and hairy legs too. Sometimes I think I see red beedy eyes staring back at me. Then I just pet them, and they go back to sleep. They are so soft....

dltaylor 08-20-2011 06:00 PM

I decided to cut out all of the patterns I have been wanting to make while I am waiting on my renovation to be completed. So now I have about 15 UFO's, cut, bagged and sealed. I got rid of everything that was scraps, FQs etc. If I dont need it for a particular project, I got rid of it!!

MadQuilter 08-20-2011 06:07 PM

You want me to give inventory of my stash? Well, the closest constructive answer I can give: My stash is pretty darn big. I have all of the above mentioned sizes and all colors. I really don't want to take inventory. Let me live in my dilusionary state of denial as to how much money I actually spent. lol

Moonglow 08-20-2011 06:09 PM

Way too big, in fact my husband reckons I could open my own fabric store!

Izaquilter 08-20-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by LindaM49
I don't have much of a stash YET. But...IZAquilter I would LOVE to open a closet and see all of those beautiful fabrics that you have stashed.

Maybe tomorrow I can get in there & move things around to take pics of the shelves I have in there. Like I said, that is vintage fabrics & I think there's 6 shelves (3 on each side of the closet) of the vintage fabric in there. It gets over whelming & it's truely an addiction but I was VERY good on our way home from vacation. I did a quilter's sin, I passed up going to the quilt shops! I was just too tired & I haven't been motivated so I just couldn't make myself stop! So I was VERY good on vacation!

np3 08-20-2011 06:21 PM

Big, but I am working on reducing it!

Honey 08-20-2011 06:41 PM

I have enough for my insurance agent to suggest that we up our policy!