Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HELP!!!!! machine issues (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-machine-issues-t90107.html)

tealfalcon 01-13-2011 07:54 AM

i really wanna sew but my machine is not behaving

its a brand new babylock and i have used it for a few months now with no issues....well now when i sew on the bottom it looks perfect but the top the thread is just laying there and pulls right out....the manual said try rethreading which i have done top and bottom about 7 times, i tried changing needle i tried changing thread....i havent changed the settings at all. its so frustrating bc i wanna sew...ugh

sharon b 01-13-2011 07:59 AM

Try winding a new bobbin- clean out the bobbin area , sometimes a small thread can get hung up somewhere . After the new bobbin rethread the machine - I know AGAIN- but sometimes something is just not the way it needs to be . Make sure you have the correct needle for the fabric .

Good Luck I know how frustrating it can be

leatheflea 01-13-2011 08:01 AM

well she took all my suggestions, good luck

tealfalcon 01-13-2011 08:08 AM

ok i will try ry again....boo hoo i wanna sew not thread my machine all day

raptureready 01-13-2011 08:10 AM

Sounds to me like the tension is out of whack. Either too tight on the top or too loose on the bottom. You might try adjusting it or, if you aren't comfortable doing that, take it back to your dealer and have them make the adjustment. It should still be under warranty.

tealfalcon 01-13-2011 08:12 AM

yes its def a tension issue and i have played with it some after posting this...but still its the same....ugh ugh ugh.....it was bought down in florida so i cant just run and take it in. but yes it is under warranty

Deborah12687 01-13-2011 08:17 AM

I had a baby lock that was really fusy about how you thread the machine. Sometimes it get hung up on the tention screws and also would get cought in the loop next to the needle.

ncsewer 01-13-2011 08:18 AM

Just make sure that all the threads are threaded correctly. Make sure you haven't inadvertantly gone from left to right or VS on something. Did you turn it off and see it it helped it to reset?

Originally Posted by tealfalcon

its a brand new babylock and i have used it for a few months now with no issues....well now when i sew on the bottom it looks perfect but the top the thread is just laying there and pulls right out....the manual said try rethreading which i have done top and bottom about 7 times, i tried changing needle i tried changing thread....i havent changed the settings at all. its so frustrating bc i wanna sew...ugh

tealfalcon 01-13-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by ncsewer
Just make sure that all the threads are threaded correctly. Make sure you haven't inadvertantly gone from left to right or VS on something. Did you turn it off and see it it helped it to reset?

Originally Posted by tealfalcon

doh.....nope let me try that....maybe its that simple...one can dream right

amma 01-13-2011 09:19 AM

Try a different bobbin, mine will do that if it doesn't like the way the bobbin wound, or if the plastic bobbin has a rough spot on the plastic :D:D:D