Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How could I have been so stupid!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-could-i-have-been-so-stupid-t149757.html)

Tartan 09-02-2011 05:38 AM

Could've, would've, should've, yes I've had a few of those moments too. It is hard to stop blaming yourself but you'd forgive someone else wouldn't you? So forgive yourself and I hope it turns up.

emmamarie 09-02-2011 05:40 AM

so sorry.yes I know how you feel.saying a prayer for you.

ScrappyAZ 09-02-2011 05:44 AM

I've never lost or misplaced a quilt, but have had my share of "duh" moments. Many years ago, my daughter and I went to a craft fair and purchased home-made Christmas ornaments for her teachers and sports coaches. We sat down at a picnic table for lunch, and after we were finished eating, I tossed the paper plates, utensils and napkins into the trash...and you guessed it, I also tossed the bag of ornaments into the trash! I didn't realize what I had done until after we returned home, and I couldn't find the bag of ornaments.

dunster 09-02-2011 05:45 AM

Take a deep breath, calm yourself, and look again. Chances of your throwing it out are very remote. If you were throwing out bags, you would have checked to see what was in them first. The quilt is most likely there, somewhere, waiting to be found. When you're in a panic to find something, it hides.

Candy Apple Quilts 09-02-2011 05:47 AM

oh, I'm soooooo sorry. :|

wvdek 09-02-2011 05:47 AM

I feel your pain.
We went on a camping trip for two weeks one summer, so I put all my good jewlry in a brown paper bag (you remember those don't you?), gave it to my sis to watch and when we came home my sis gave it back to me. I put it down on the kitchen table by the back door and... yep, DH took it out to the trash. To this day - 26 years later, he is unable to own up to it. It was over $2000. in jewelry I had been buying since I was 16. Lots of OOAK silver and turqouise. Oh well, some dump is well dressed.
Hope you find your bag. A lesson for us all here.

kayahr 09-02-2011 05:48 AM

I've learned my lesson on this one too! Nowadays, green or black trash bags are only for trash. I bought several boxes of clear plastic bags for carrying large items. They are probably 30, 33 or 39 gallon bags.

Maggiesmom 09-02-2011 05:50 AM

Not as devestating as a quilt, but just yesterday my husband picked up a box with a brand new pair of shoes in it and through it in the dumpster just before the druck came to pick up the trash....said the box felt empty...didn't bother to look. Thank goodness they had been on sale and I hadn't paid full price.

blueangel 09-02-2011 06:00 AM

I hope it shows up.

mhansen6 09-02-2011 06:03 AM

Are you sure someone didn't reach into your van and take it? I can't believe you threw it out. I really hope it turns up. We spend so much time and money on these quilts it sure is hard to lose them.