Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you dress for guild meetings? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-dress-guild-meetings-t210933.html)

purplefiend 01-16-2013 05:07 AM

If its Summer, most of us wear jeans or capris and t-shirt or nice blouse and sandals or running shoes, not that they've ever been run in. :D Living in central Texas demands comfy cotton clothing in the summer.
Winter its jeans and a top. I have 2 fancy jackets made with lovely quilt blocks and other pieced sections.
Some of us are in dressy casual, because they have to go to work after the guild meeting. We meet in the morning from 9:30am-noonish.

robinsonkh 01-16-2013 05:41 AM

If I had to get real fancy I would rather stay home. Anywhere my jeans and tennis shoes are not welcome I don't want to go (except church)

petpainter 01-16-2013 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5785515)
I dress nice every morning because I feel better when I'm dressed nice if I'm going out or not. I think jeans are nice but uncomfortable for me. I prefer nice slacks. I put on a little make up, do my hair and I'm ready for whatever I decide to do for the day. Sweat pants? No way I'd wear them out anywhere on purpose.

I'm with you BellaBoo! I don't always feel good, but looking better sure gives you a better presentation about yourself. We have a large membership-300, and are in casual Florida, so we get a good mixture. As long as they are not sloppy anything goes, but I personally prefer makeup, heels and I'll do jeans as long as they aren't "Mommy" jeans!

Mariah 01-16-2013 07:03 AM

No one dresses up for our guild meetings. As some said above, coming from work, they might be in jeans and shirt, or nice casual.
I usually wear a nice slack set, and in the Summer, capris or walk shorts. No one seems to care what others wear.
M.

sulyle 01-16-2013 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5785585)
I imagine this is partly regional, as well as age-related. We tend to dress more casually on the west coast. Most women at my guilds are very casually dressed, but a few are very well put together. Me, I've lived in jeans since I retired, sometimes with a t-shirt and sometimes with a blouse. Sometimes I do change clothes to go to the Walmart, but that's because I'm still in my pajamas and Walmart frowns on that. (Well, maybe not. I've seen pictures online of some of those Walmart shoppers. Not pretty.)

I live in Florida so it's pretty casual, t-shirts and capris mostly. We're so busy looking at the show and tell quilts that nobody pays attention to what people are wearing. BTW I see young girls out in pjs all the time. Apparently fleece pants, t-shirt, and fuzzy slippers are appropriate for fast food restaurants, just not for my age group.

topstitch 01-16-2013 07:53 AM

I agree

Finally there is someone that agrees with me that jeans are not comfortable. I asked my 45 year old daughter, with a knock out figure and thinks there are actually "dress jeans", if she felt comfortabe in them and she admitted that she did not. It is yet one more miserable thing you do to be fashionable. I am so glad I have out grown that stage of life.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5785515)
I dress nice every morning because I feel better when I'm dressed nice if I'm going out or not. I think jeans are nice but uncomfortable for me. I prefer nice slacks. I put on a little make up, do my hair and I'm ready for whatever I decide to do for the day. Sweat pants? No way I'd wear them out anywhere on purpose.

Caswews 01-16-2013 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 5789703)
As long as this ain't you, I think you'll be all right ;) For further reassurance, go to Google and type, "walmartians" :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388398[/ATTACH]

I agree whole heartedly !! LMAO!

wraez 01-16-2013 10:49 AM

comfy casual ... jeans and shirt or sweater, sneakers or Birks. I agree that on pot luck night might be a tad dressier, but guild night is for comfort and FUN ... dress the way YOU want to, others may feel they also have to be dressier and will have a sense of relief to see someone else dressing the way they want to also.

quilt3311 01-16-2013 10:59 AM

jeans--sweat shirt (usually decorated with something quilty) tennis shoes. Very casual. Summer time, tee shirts (again usually has something quilty, sandals. I know some guilds "dress" up for meetings, but our guild is very casual. Its come as you are and if you forget the makeup--oh well.

koko 01-16-2013 11:07 AM

I'd say our guild is casual - wear whatever you want and what makes you comfortable.