Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I could use a little help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-could-use-little-help-t160078.html)

Pegleg 10-13-2011 04:41 AM

I am the workshop chairman for our guild this year. In January each year we do mini workshops instead of having a national speaker. You can never predict the crazy winters in Kansas. I need ideas for 4-5 mini workshops to be presented in 1-1 1/2 hours. Do you have an idea I could use. I'll need to find these people to present the workshops too so I need to get a move on in order to get this done. Thanks

ontheriver 10-13-2011 05:33 AM

I've never been to a workshop so don't know much about it but maybe on one PPing, applique, other techniques. Or do a purse or tote such a bow tuck. If I had time I would survey members of the guild and see what they are interested in.

cherrio 10-13-2011 05:38 AM

I sure could have used a workshop when making an Amy Butler purse for my daughter. It was my first purse and gave me a run for my money.

lfstamper 10-13-2011 05:39 AM

Mug rugs might be easy or mini wallet. Just a thought.

Glassquilt 10-13-2011 05:39 AM

Curious - are these all at the same meeting or one meeting after another?

TanyaL 10-13-2011 05:43 AM

I would have one workshop on what to do with scraps that were not the usual ideas, or else ways to use one block by itself, i.e., the background of a clock, a pillow, a kindle cover, toilet seat cover, etc. Making a long strip of 2 1/2" strips about 8 inches wide several feet long from scraps. Then using this to make either borders as you need it or to make bands to finish off pillowcases - the idea being to just keep adding on to the long strip on one end, cutting off from it on the other end as you use it up. Fold it in half for pillowcases, trim as needed for borders.

I would really enjoy an ideas workshop like that.

just_the_scraps_m'am 10-13-2011 05:49 AM

don't forget the label!
& why it is so important!

string/strip quilts

embellishments

.....way too many to list!!!

grammy Dwynn 10-13-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pegleg
I am the workshop chairman for our guild this year. In January each year we do mini workshops instead of having a national speaker. You can never predict the crazy winters in Kansas. I need ideas for 4-5 mini workshops to be presented in 1-1 1/2 hours. Do you have an idea I could use. I'll need to find these people to present the workshops too so I need to get a move on in order to get this done. Thanks

Are these working/sewing workshops? 1 hour - 1 1/2 is not a lot of time. Or are they more of a 'lecture' workshops?

kateyb 10-13-2011 06:11 AM

Our guild does this every year. Colorado has unpredictable winter weather also. We get volunteers from the membership. Ask those in the group who are good at a particular technique (applique, cutting diamonds, embroidery for crazy quilting, etc.) or fun and easy quilt to do the workshops.

neece 10-13-2011 06:15 AM

I have a digital camera and don't know how to use it. I would LOVE a workshop on pictures and how to post them.
Another thing is how to go from a patch and make the pattern or changing the size of the patch. Good luck :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: