Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I Counted My UFO's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-counted-my-ufos-t215667.html)

Boston1954 03-06-2013 02:54 PM

I Counted My UFO's

What was I THINKING??!!

I keep a running list of my quilts. I like to keep track of when they were finished and who I gave them to, and what I named them. Well of the 113 on the list, 71 are finished. I have given some tops away. And there were a few that have been abandoned. Plus there are a couple that are in progress. Then I decided I need to know how many are UFO's. When I got done counting, the answer is 22! Yikes!

How many do you have right now, and what motivates you to attempt to finish them?

Raggiemom 03-06-2013 03:18 PM

I have 4 at the moment I think. My goal is to have them all done by the end of the month. We'll see if that happens or not!

QuiltingHaven 03-06-2013 03:20 PM

Well, I guess I have a system. I have one quilt - hand quilting it by my evening chair. One quilt in the cutting/piecing stage, and one that I am machine quilting. I try not to work more than 5 hours a day on my quilting. I have other materials sorted and in lidded containers marked Project 1-5 and that is as far ahead of me I can go. Now.....I do keep an eye open for great fabric and wonderful patterns. Before I retired, I usually worked 10-12 hours a day so this quilting stuff is like a dream come true. And it is so much fun and I love the Quilting Board for all their great ideas and immediate help for any of our problems.

QuiltnNan 03-06-2013 03:21 PM

well, luckily, i finished 5 since last november. so i only have 3-4 left.

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-06-2013 03:21 PM

Let's see, I have at least 9 that I can think of. My goal this year is to work my UFO's before starting a new project. It's hard but so far I have not started anything new. Until I get a job and a regular income, I can only get to the tops being finished stage. But I am ok with that. I don't have a sewing room so I have been taking out my machine after lunch and working at the table for the afternoon. This is helping me get the UFO's worked on. I did a top today sewing the rows together. Now I need to search my stash and find a light yellow gold or light blue for a thin inner border. I already have the fabric for the outer border. When it is done I'll post a picture.

I hope everyone can get some of their UFO's done in 2013!

quilt addict 03-06-2013 03:30 PM

Well, how do you define a UFO? Do you include blocks that you received in an exchange? If you do that will add about 4 to my count. Then there are the class projects that are not finished when you take the class.....oh, the BOMs that I have participated in. There should be a month added to BOM projects that is assembly the top month.

I thought about doing this a year or so ago and decided I really didn't want to know.

seamstome 03-06-2013 04:07 PM

T w e n t y f i v e

KarenK 03-06-2013 04:37 PM

To those who count UFO's - you are much braver than I am! I don't want to know because I don't want to scare myself. :) I just work on one UFO at a time and plan to continue on that path. If I am able to finish them all - fine - if not - fine.

Nantie 03-06-2013 04:44 PM

I really can't bring myself to actually count every one, i am quite aware it is 20 something plus...but I have started quilting 1 day a week at my LQS and have found I am fairly productive in the 5 hr session trying to work on ufo's as well as current projects I want done as well

Tartan 03-06-2013 04:54 PM

...and that was your first mistake, you counted! :D No, I will not repeat your mistake and count mine.