Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm back......... I think (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-back-i-think-t40440.html)

HeatherQuilts 03-23-2010 09:19 AM

No, you are definitely not alone! I just posted not to long ago about this same thing. It was titled "How do you stay motivated" or something similar. I think it's just like any other "hobby", we don't feel like doing it ALL the time.
My solution: quilt when you feel like it, when you will enjoy it, that is the point of a hobby! If I force myself to do something, it usually doesn't turn out very nice, because I'm in a hurry.
On the other hand, sometimes it just takes me sewing a seam, and the next thing I know, hours have passed!
Do what feels right....

watterstide 03-23-2010 09:19 AM

i go in spurts..will sew for a week,everyday, then nothing for a week or two..it happens to all of us..

SuzyM 03-23-2010 09:20 AM

Yep I flip between scrapbooking and quilting all of the time.

SulaBug 03-23-2010 09:24 AM

Hi Bev,
Welcome back!! :D I have been thinking of you, for the last few days, wondering what you were up to. I too am one of those that get into these funks every now & then. It's normal but the most important thing is your BACK!! :thumbup: Love your avatar too!!
:D :D :D :D

dglvr 03-23-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts
No, you are definitely not alone! I just posted not to long ago about this same thing. It was titled "How do you stay motivated" or something similar. I think it's just like any other "hobby", we don't feel like doing it ALL the time.
My solution: quilt when you feel like it, when you will enjoy it, that is the point of a hobby! If I force myself to do something, it usually doesn't turn out very nice, because I'm in a hurry.
On the other hand, sometimes it just takes me sewing a seam, and the next thing I know, hours have passed!
Do what feels right....

Ditto. Good way to put it.

Bevanger 03-23-2010 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Hi Bev,
Welcome back!! :D I have been thinking of you, for the last few days, wondering what you were up to. I too am one of those that get into these funks every now & then. It's normal but the most important thing is your BACK!! :thumbup: Love your avatar too!!
:D :D :D :D

Aren't they cute? (avitar). I have no idea where or when I found it. LOL I'm real good at collecting cute pics I find on the net. I came on here a few times but felt bad cuz I wasn't sewing. Do I belong even when I'm not sewing..... Oh I hate these moods I get into.....

RedGarnet222 03-23-2010 10:05 AM

Sure! That is when I do my other crafts for a while until I get motivated to sew again. ps) Welcome back, I wondered where you were.

vjengels 03-23-2010 10:07 AM

Oh yeah, I didn't go into my sewing room for most of 2 years; then one day I looked around and everything else seemed to be in the way of me getting in there and doing something.

Rose Hall 03-23-2010 10:33 AM

welcome back!!! I've missed you. do what feels right. if the funk continues too long, see a doctor, OK? we care!!

please join us, even if you aren't sewing.

Rose

mcdaniel023 03-23-2010 10:48 AM

It happens to me when I am supposed to be working on something I NEED to get done, not what I want to get done.
Welcome back, we missed you.
And sewing or not, you belong here. Your friends are here!