Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm back......... I think

Banned
    Ok I'll be honest here. I lost interest in sewing for awhile, but yesterday my son & I rearranged my sewing tables so now I kinda wanna get back into it. Has anyone ever gone thru this? Kinda went thru the "I DON"T FEEL LIKE IT" blues.....

slowly going forward cuz' I can't find reverse
    all the time.....

I ahd surgery in january and didn't even go to the sewing room until early March. I pushed myself to go back and now I am having a hard time coming out of it again.

at least once a year
    mine will last from anywhere to a week or a couple of months

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    Me too! I'm that phase right now. Since I broke my machine I haven't felt like doing anything. I have rearranged my stash and this week I plan to sort out all the scraps. :x :(

Mine usually last a couple of days. You are not alone Bev!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty1
    Me too! I'm that phase right now. Since I broke my machine I haven't felt like doing anything. I have rearranged my stash and this week I plan to sort out all the scraps. :x :(
    If ya need to thin out your stash,,,, PLEASE send my way

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
    Mine usually last a couple of days. You are not alone Bev!
    Whew! Gosh, I thought it was me... I got hooked playing games on the internet and now wanting to get back into sewing...

at least once a year
    Me, too. Usually when it is about 110 for three weeks in a row. Can't even think about touching fabric then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Ok I'll be honest here. I lost interest in sewing for awhile, but yesterday my son & I rearranged my sewing tables so now I kinda wanna get back into it. Has anyone ever gone thru this? Kinda went thru the "I DON"T FEEL LIKE IT" blues.....
    I did, after running my upholstery company since I was 17. I retired almost 9 yrs ago, I couldn't bring myself to even look at a machine. But now I have gotten back into with a vengeance. It's a good thing too, my kids keep throwing grandbabies at me, I need quilts to catch them in. :)

No, you are definitely not alone! I just posted not to long ago about this same thing. It was titled "How do you stay motivated" or something similar. I think it's just like any other "hobby", we don't feel like doing it ALL the time.
    My solution: quilt when you feel like it, when you will enjoy it, that is the point of a hobby! If I force myself to do something, it usually doesn't turn out very nice, because I'm in a hurry.
    On the other hand, sometimes it just takes me sewing a seam, and the next thing I know, hours have passed!
    Do what feels right....

Blog Entries
    i go in spurts..will sew for a week,everyday, then nothing for a week or two..it happens to all of us..

Yep I flip between scrapbooking and quilting all of the time.

Blog Entries
    Hi Bev,
    Welcome back!! :D I have been thinking of you, for the last few days, wondering what you were up to. I too am one of those that get into these funks every now & then. It's normal but the most important thing is your BACK!! :thumbup: Love your avatar too!!
    :D :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts
    No, you are definitely not alone! I just posted not to long ago about this same thing. It was titled "How do you stay motivated" or something similar. I think it's just like any other "hobby", we don't feel like doing it ALL the time.
    My solution: quilt when you feel like it, when you will enjoy it, that is the point of a hobby! If I force myself to do something, it usually doesn't turn out very nice, because I'm in a hurry.
    On the other hand, sometimes it just takes me sewing a seam, and the next thing I know, hours have passed!
    Do what feels right....
    Ditto. Good way to put it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Hi Bev,
    Welcome back!! :D I have been thinking of you, for the last few days, wondering what you were up to. I too am one of those that get into these funks every now & then. It's normal but the most important thing is your BACK!! :thumbup: Love your avatar too!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Aren't they cute? (avitar). I have no idea where or when I found it. LOL I'm real good at collecting cute pics I find on the net. I came on here a few times but felt bad cuz I wasn't sewing. Do I belong even when I'm not sewing..... Oh I hate these moods I get into.....

Sure! That is when I do my other crafts for a while until I get motivated to sew again. ps) Welcome back, I wondered where you were.

Oh yeah, I didn't go into my sewing room for most of 2 years; then one day I looked around and everything else seemed to be in the way of me getting in there and doing something.

welcome back!!! I've missed you. do what feels right. if the funk continues too long, see a doctor, OK? we care!!

please join us, even if you aren't sewing.

Rose

Blog Entries
    It happens to me when I am supposed to be working on something I NEED to get done, not what I want to get done.
    Welcome back, we missed you.
    And sewing or not, you belong here. Your friends are here!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Hall
    welcome back!!! I've missed you. do what feels right. if the funk continues too long, see a doctor, OK? we care!!

please join us, even if you aren't sewing.

Rose
    I'm fine honey. I guess between menopause and the winter Blahhhhhhs, it just got to me. I'm slowly coming around. I promise to come here even if I'm not sewing. I can still ooooo & awwwwwww over everyone elses.

:D

Sewing, like many other things comes in waves. We can't always be on a constant high. There has been times I've not even touched the machine, even for mending, for months. But don't worry, you'll get touched by the "bug" again soon. I'm just glad you're ok. Take the passenger's seat for a while, and it won't be long until you're beggin' to get in the drivers seat again.

Welcome back. I have that problem too.

From Christmas to May of last year I don't think I even walked into my sewing room. I finally got interested in making a small quilt for a friend and then I was back into it.

Welcome back Bev! We have missed you! yes, this happens to me also, I will go off of sewing for a few days. Looking at books does help some. Glad to see you are back at sewing!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast