Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Invention I would like to see.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/invention-i-would-like-see-t87529.html)

kathy 01-04-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter

Originally Posted by raptureready
I'd be happy with just a bobbin holder that would take a whole spool or cone.

We need to get together! I was thinking the same exact thing not too long ago! Why can't there be an invention where the bobbin feeds off a spool of thread on the outside so you never need to fill a bobbin! That can be our million dollar invention!

yep, I've been thinking about this for a long time, especially since I got my quilting machine, just about the time I get a good rythm going the bobbin runs out.
I would love to know miles or even hours, that could help in determining price, easier than tracking time1

sueisallaboutquilts 01-04-2011 07:16 AM

I would LOOOVE huge bobbins!!!!!!!!!!!!

amandasgramma 01-04-2011 07:19 AM

I'm with you on both........they can put a man on the moon, but they can't make a machine that holds a spool of thread in the bobbin....go figure....

raptureready 01-04-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I would LOOOVE huge bobbins!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't want a huge bobbin, I just want to be able to slide in a whole spool or cone of thread and go from there. Why rewind it all?

patdesign 01-04-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
Wouldnt it be fun to have an odometer on your machine so you knew how many miles you have sewn?

My brother embroidery keeps a record of the number of stitches done in the machine memory, I came across it once when accessing all the buttons on the lcd screen. :D

patdesign 01-04-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I'm with you on both........they can put a man on the moon, but they can't make a machine that holds a spool of thread in the bobbin....go figure....

Oh they probably can, but think of the LOST bobbin sales. lol :lol:

featherweight 01-04-2011 07:27 AM

My 4000D tells how many stitches I have embroidered on it. My Se has the hours used on it.

Candace 01-04-2011 07:51 AM

I've sewed over 3 million stitches on my Bernina 830 in the 10 months I've owned it!

QBeth 01-04-2011 07:54 AM

Wouldnt it be fun to have an odometer on your machine so you knew how many miles you have sewn?

What a truly wonderful idea! If not mileage, how about number of hours actually sewing?? Isn't that gauge for many things such as when to change needles, time to get cleaned professionally, etc.?? Better patent your idea quick!!! :!:

Candace 01-04-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth

What a truly wonderful idea! If not mileage, how about number of hours actually sewing?? Isn't that gauge for many things such as when to change needles, time to get cleaned professionally, etc.?? Better patent your idea quick!!! :!:

Umm, this already exists on newer machines. Mine just told me I passed 3 million and needed to take it in for its yearly service. It also "tells" me what needle and foot are on the machine.