Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Invention I would like to see.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/invention-i-would-like-see-t87529.html)

RkayD 01-06-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by patdesign

Originally Posted by Riversong
Wouldnt it be fun to have an odometer on your machine so you knew how many miles you have sewn?

My brother embroidery keeps a record of the number of stitches done in the machine memory, I came across it once when accessing all the buttons on the lcd screen. :D

My Bernina does this.. I have 3,198,685 stitches on my machine. My first thought is WoW! the second is....is that all??!
:-D I thought I had sewn more than that in the past 2 years.

blueheavenfla 01-06-2011 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by catmcclure

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla
Until such time as that million $ invention of the bobbin thread feeding from an external source couldn't we just have ALL machines have the same type of bobbin so I could go from my Bernina to my Pfaff to my Singer to my New Home using just one type of bobbin. I spend way too much time hunting for the "right" bobbin. At my age, I often forget which bobbin go to which machine.

I solved that problem with fingernail polish. I have three different machines and I put a dab of red polish on one, gold polish on another, etc. That way I always know which machine it goes to. I also have bottom embroidery thread bobbins and I have those color coded too.

A great idea...now why didn't I think of that? Guess I'm just up to my nose in bobbins and couldn't think. Thank you!

JeanieG 01-07-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
After this evening's experience, how about one that won't sew or would beep if the presser foot isn't down!!!!

My cheap Brother will not sew with the presser foot up!!!

Rettie V. Grama 01-07-2011 05:27 PM

OOOOOHHHHHH, if sewing machines could talk. Wouldn't that be fun? "Rettie made a crooked seam today and took it out 3 times before it was straight."

pennijanine 01-07-2011 05:47 PM

LOL... I don't want my machine tattling on me!!

Gigi07 01-07-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by piepatch

Wouldnt it be fun to have an odometer on your machine so you knew how many miles you have sewn?

Wouldn't that be great ! On the days we log in a bunch of miles, we could eat more chocolate. Isn't that the way it works ?

I'm with you piepatch

jojosnana 01-07-2011 06:29 PM

You guys are so funny. But I vote for the no bobbin just a big cone so it never has to be wound ever again..

BizyStitches 01-11-2011 04:59 PM

My machine keeps track of the number of stitches, wouldn't that be close to the same thing?

BizyStitches 01-11-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
After this evening's experience, how about one that won't sew or would beep if the presser foot isn't down!!!!

My cheap Brother will not sew with the presser foot up!!!

Same with me, my Brother tells me everything I'm doing wrong. LOL