Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I've come a long way, baby! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ive-come-long-way-baby-t209866.html)

conniemaried 01-01-2013 08:26 PM

I've come a long way, baby!

I joined the QB Dec 2011. In the year that has passed, I have progressed from a novice quilter to a capable quilter. I have read the daily posts most every day, posted threads when I was lost, taken classes, bought and read books, did several "practice quilts," and attended monthly meetings at my LQS. I have immersed myself in quilting. It has been a marvelous year for me. I have been sewing since age 8, am an experienced sewer (Home Ec degree, also), have conquered many crafts, but I think I have finally found myself in quilting. I regret that I have come to it at such a late stage in life ( I am almost 61), but finally have the sewing room of my dreams, a DH who encourages me, and the backing of a sincere Quilting Board to learn from, ask questions and receive answers always. Thanks to every one of you for being my "sister in quilting." I respect the collective knowledge of the QB, and acknowledge that I would not be in the contented place that I am without all of you. It has been a steep learning curve this past year, but thanks to every one of you. May your New Year be Pieceful! Connie

quiltjoey 01-01-2013 08:32 PM

Connie, you have said it way better than I could have. My sentiments exactly. The QB is a wonderful place to learn, gain confidence, and grow in the "world of quilting. I, too, am grateful for all the things I have learned through being a part of this group of wonderful people from all over the world. I love to read the posts about quilting, life events, and everyone's stories.
Thanks everyone on the QB and Happy New Year...

mighty 01-01-2013 09:19 PM

Connie you could not have said it better. I have learned so much from this board!!!! Such a wonderful group of people!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone!!!!!!!

Joset 01-02-2013 05:23 AM

i also agree with every thing connie says. i enjoy this board with my coffee in the morning.
i learn so many things.

HillCountryGal 01-02-2013 05:27 AM

YES Connie!
Completely agree. :thumbup:

okie2tx 01-02-2013 06:54 AM

Amen, Quilting Friends!!!! My journey also.

LAQUITA 01-02-2013 07:33 AM

DITTO to ALL the above! You ALL are awesome!!!!, :)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

minstrel 01-02-2013 07:58 AM

Everything I know about quilting, I've learned here! Well said, conniemaried, and thanks to all of you who have helped me on my quilting journey!

Silver Needle 01-02-2013 08:19 AM

I agree. Quilting is now my one and only passion. I've given up all that other crafty stuff. Thanks to QB I learn more all the time. Without QB I would not have known about THE QUILT SHOW which I have joined or CRAFTSY where I have purchased several classes. You expressed my sentiments beautifully.

OKLAHOMA PEACH 01-02-2013 08:30 AM

total agreement, wonderfully said. Those that tell me they are wanting to learn to quilt I tell them to go to the Quilting Board and read and learn. If they don't visit here most every day or even once, I know they aren't really interested in learning the craft and I don't waste my time teaching them.