Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Judy Neimeyer quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/judy-neimeyer-quilts-t93483.html)

smockingRN 01-24-2011 08:30 PM

Hey Linda, What a fabulous quilt! I have one of those patterns waiting to be made...Thankd for the inspiration!
Karen in La.

knlsmith 01-24-2011 08:40 PM

Always wondered about PP. Is it a pain taking the paper off?

jaciqltznok 01-24-2011 09:01 PM

I have taken classes with Judy and even if you know how to Paper piece they are not for the faint of heart!
I am workin on drunkards wave and have the Celtic star in mind next!

YOu will buy tons of fabric to do her quilts and will have tons of leftover bits to use in another quilt!

I suggest you start with something easy before attempting the bali wedding star....

IF you ever screw up your paper though, simply call the shop and they will send out replacements free!

jaciqltznok 01-24-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

not if you do it correctly. Judy's paper comes off easy and she suggests using a Microtex 70 needle and 50 or 60 wt thread..all play a very important role in make paper removal quick and easy!

madamekelly 01-24-2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

Not if you use really small stitches. I used regular printer paper, then just gave the squares a gentle twist and smoosh action, paper came right off.

sewwhat85 01-24-2011 11:00 PM

very nice pattern

nellebelles 01-25-2011 03:26 AM

My sister and I have made a couple of Judy Neimeyer quilts. They are a bit tedious, but what you get in the end is so absolutely fabulous, that it is worth the work! It was really nice working with my sister--if there was any question about the pattern, we worked it out together.

whinnytoo 01-25-2011 04:32 AM

I love Judy Neimeyer patterns and am currently working on her Amazon Star. LOTS of paper piecing but its my weakness!

QuiltswithConvicts 01-25-2011 05:16 AM

I made her "Fourth of July" quilt (and finished it!) I loved her method! She gives you "template" sheets for cutting out your fabrics. These pieces are very generous. I took everything to Staples and made copies of them because, you will need to and because I didn't want to use up everything - just in case I wanted to make another one! The pages are 11" x 17" - not a home printer size sheet of paper.

Everything went together very nicely. Would make another one of hers, if I could find the time! :)

vesta_f 02-21-2011 06:18 AM

I love Judy's patterns, i have done her crossing arrow pattern and i'm working on the bali star. I like to recylce as much as i can so i print out the patterns on paper that comes in the UPS boxes its a brown packing paper. i iron out the wrinkels then cut it to size works well in the printer . and yes i have allot of little bits of fabric left over and for now i'm putting the snippets in a bad to use at a latter time.
Small stitches are a must when PP.
also PP quilts take time.. so enjoy the proccess