Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just wondering..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-wondering-t185670.html)

#1piecemaker 04-11-2012 04:43 AM

Just wondering.....

Did you ever have so many quilt patterns that you'd like to make, that you just don't know where to start? I'm kinda at this point. I just finished a monstrosity that just seemed to pull all the wind out of my sails and I just can't get going on another one. Has anybodyelse ever felt this way? What did you do for it?Help me here!! I'm sinking.

Crqltr 04-11-2012 04:47 AM

I do something small and easy in between...let's my brain recharge for something larger and more difficult.

Stitchnripper 04-11-2012 04:47 AM

I am a great one for collecting patterns and ideas (not fabric so much - I am not a "stasher") and then being very low producing. But, the collecting part is fun for me too.

Scraps 04-11-2012 04:48 AM

Take a break!! :-) I usually end up doing some cleaning/organizing and get out of the house a bit and then I feel like starting something else. I think there is a bit of a "crash" after accomplishing a big task. Enjoy being done and it won't be long and you will be looking at your list again!!

Lori S 04-11-2012 04:50 AM

It seems when ever I finish a large project , I need to "cleanse my brain " and do a few smaller one night type of things, typically done with scraps from other projects. Cleaning my sewing room also helps to cleanse.
I too have more fabric and patterns then I can complete in ...well a very long time. It easy to get stuck in "which one" ! Give your brain the breather it earned !On some level its telling you your not "up" for another big project just yet. So make a few potholders,try a new technique , just play for a bit .

Pat625 04-11-2012 05:02 AM

Oh Yes!! I know how you feel. When I get to that point I usually make a little project, like a runner or baby quilt. Just enuf to catch my breath!! I will never get thru all the quilts on my list, so once in a while I will prioritize my list. Other times I just need a few work free days..This too will pass

Tartan 04-11-2012 05:14 AM

It sounds like we all do the same thing. After a big project, I do a few little ones. I like to work at several big projects at once and I find 3 to be my ideal number. Enough so I don't get bored with any one project as I switched between the 3 but not too many that they become UFO's

hperttula123 04-11-2012 05:18 AM

I think you should work on something small.

QuiltingCrazie 04-11-2012 05:22 AM

I just had this conversation with myself this morning , I decided that was going to pull out all the patterns I have bought through the years which for me is not many probably like 8 I think and since I'm working on working through my stash I'm going to make every single one. I invested between 7-9 dollars in each pattern and at most I could probably get 5 back so I'm just going to make them so i know I used them!

Now all the free patterns that i have ideas and materials for I'll do them eventually. I have four in line right now. Think that's just the way quilters are always planning ahead lol

dunster 04-11-2012 05:45 AM

I'm constantly in this mode. As soon as I finish a project my brain freezes up and I have trouble starting another. I'm much better at finishing than at starting. The good part of that is no UFO's; the bad part is obvious. I just finished a PP top, and I have that and several comfort quilts from the guild to go on the longarm. When all the quilting is done I need to have a decision made - which quilt is next?