Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Meeting with other quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/meeting-other-quilters-t87891.html)

LindaZ 01-05-2011 02:10 PM

One of the other board members and I are trying to connect as we are sew alone quilters. Is there anyone else that meets with others. How often? What do you do? (other than talk about quilting)? At each others house? Do you sew on projects? Any ideas would be appreciated.

amma 01-05-2011 02:12 PM

What is it that you want to do? Some may just want to meet for lunch and a trip to a LQS, others to sew... I don't think there are any rules to follow :wink: :D:D:D

mltquilt 01-05-2011 02:16 PM

I meet with a group of friends almost every week. Sometimes some of are working on the same project other times doing our own thing. We get inspiration and ideas from each other. We meet at one friends house as she has a sewing studio converted from a garage. If there is a guild in your area that is a good place to find a bee (sewing group).

mltquilt

zipit 01-05-2011 02:17 PM

There are two groups that I sew with and they each meet monthly.

Joy

Jim's Gem 01-05-2011 02:33 PM

I have a group of ladies from Church that I get together with monthly, at the Church. They are my closest friends and we talk often and shop together and go to shows together. I even had 2 of my daughters marry sons of two of them!!!!

quilting Carol 01-05-2011 03:07 PM

A group of us met in Shipshewana this past fall. It was a day trip we had Michigan,Ohio, Indiana and IL I think maybe another state. we shopped ate and show and tell. It was fun.

lisalovesquilting 01-05-2011 03:15 PM

I meet once a week with ladies at our church. We work on our own projects and make baby dedication quilts. Also meet on the 2nd Sat. of each month at the church and one gal teaches a new block each time. And on the 3rd Sat. of each month for open sew at another church in town, we do our own projects and once a year make a large quilt for a local organization to sell chances to make money for their club or charity.

mygirl66 01-05-2011 03:32 PM

How can you go wrong with a day of food, fabric & a new quilt buddy! Oh, dont forget the chocolate!

zennia 01-05-2011 03:35 PM

I meet once a week with as group of ladies. We all work on our own projects but are there to help each other and of course enjoy someones goodies.

luckylindy333 01-05-2011 03:36 PM

I used to meet with a group of quilters once a week. Then I went to work full time. Waaaahhhh! Now I sew alone, that is why I love this board so much. I am on the lookout for a group that would fit my hours. I love meeting up with other quilters to sew and talk about everything. It used to keep me on track with my projects to meet with the group every week- really miss them!!!
I also have gone on many retreats at which we sewed on our own projects and had all the meals provided. Heaven!!!!! :lol: