Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   For Mimisharon and Husband (Sharon don't peek) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mimisharon-husband-sharon-dont-peek-t3770.html)

quiltmaker101 05-07-2008 05:44 AM

I am sure Sharon would welcome additional blocks. She has been embroidering the ones she got that were written in pen, and someday she will have the time to sew them together. Until then, there is no reason she can't get more in the mail!

As for an update, Roy has good and bad days, but Sharon is prepared to let go. She is enjoying what time they have left together and has a good attitude.
Roy sleeps a lot, and the nurses tell her that is a sign he is "shutting down."

She really appreciates all your thoughts, prayers and quilt blocks!

Butterflyspain 05-07-2008 05:54 AM

Hi okay, I will contribute, just so sad about Roy. Sorry I am all choked up reading your post on him.

Where do I send this to please. Thanks Elle

quiltmaker101 05-07-2008 06:07 AM

I sent you her address in a Private Message, ButterflySpain.

Butterflyspain 05-07-2008 06:08 AM

Thank you Wendy. Will be making this week and sending it of soon as.

Regards Elle

beachlady 05-07-2008 06:33 AM

Quiltmaker, I too just saw this post and would love to send Sharon a block. And it is a block I have made and can actually do!!! Have lots of blues. Hope to hear from you soon with Sharon's address.

Feathers 05-07-2008 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
I am sure Sharon would welcome additional blocks. She has been embroidering the ones she got that were written in pen, and someday she will have the time to sew them together. Until then, there is no reason she can't get more in the mail!

As for an update, Roy has good and bad days, but Sharon is prepared to let go. She is enjoying what time they have left together and has a good attitude.
Roy sleeps a lot, and the nurses tell her that is a sign he is "shutting down."

She really appreciates all your thoughts, prayers and quilt blocks!

Hi Quiltmaker and Everyone:
Last week I sent MimiSharon a PM and she replied that "it made her day" to receive my message so I was really glad I sent it. I didn't know if she'd be up to e-mails from strangers. Like Elle from Spain said, I got choked up hearing about Roy this morning. I just can't even imagine how horribly hard it would be if something happened to my wonderful DH. Hugs and prayers to Mimi, Roy and their family.

Sew N' Snow 05-07-2008 09:45 AM

Quiltmaker, You are so thoughtful and it is nice that you picked a simple pattern...I would love to participate...

quiltmaker101 05-07-2008 10:06 AM

Well, thank you, Sew N Snow!

I am glad that there is new interest in this project for Sharon and Roy. It seems like such a small thing to do. I would rather that I lived near her and could bring casseroles or help with housecleaning, and let her have some time away from the house to breathe.

Thank you everyone who has participated and who will be sending blocks her way!

beachlady 05-07-2008 07:58 PM

I made Sharon 2 blocks today and they will be in the mail tomorrow. I am not sure if I know how to post pix, but will try in the morning after taking some.

beachlady 05-08-2008 09:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure if I will do this right, but here goes. Pix of blocks for Sharon.

OMG, I did it!!!!!