Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My DH is THE BEST! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dh-best-t183980.html)

Jan in FL 03-25-2012 03:57 PM

My DH is THE BEST!

He stopped at Joann's with me yesterday but I didn't buy anything. I told him I needed to look at a couple of patterns and see what I needed after pulling from my stash before I knew what I wanted to buy. We went back today - the first Joann's closest to our house didn't have the fabric I wanted but he insisted I get a ROLL of Warm & Natural since it was on sale and I had the additional 25%... Then he drove 30 miles to the next Joann's. I was so tickled when all of a sudden - after I found the two fabrics I needed - to see that HE had put ten bolts of fabric in my cart that he liked!!! Then, we drove to a third Joann's about ten miles further....where he proceeded to choose a couple more bolts for me! He also insisted I get a drop side table! We got home and he just finished putting my table together. Unfortunately, we have decided the table goes back as it is really poorly made for the price. But this day has been so great that I just don't care! He is so wonderful!

You think someone took him and replaced him with a look alike??

lindy-2 03-25-2012 04:00 PM

wow your DH is realy great. mine is to since he let me get a long arm this weekend and he spent the better part off the weekend setting it up for me.

valleyquiltermo 03-25-2012 04:01 PM

Thats great I bet he gets a special dinner and dessert.

alfosa421 03-25-2012 04:03 PM

Hip Hip Hooray for Hubby!!!! Mine sits in the car when we stop at JoAnns and watches the clock while I run in "for just a minute" However he is not compaining when I told him that part of our anniversary vacation in Vegas will consist of a fabric shop hop. He said "As long as I don't have to go "

Ruby the Quilter 03-25-2012 04:13 PM

What a blessing to have dhs like this. I needed my Janome serviced and he took it in and decided I needed the new Horizon 12000- so he got it for me. Needless to say I'm enjoying all the bells and whistles it has and boy does it have a lot!

luvTooQuilt 03-25-2012 04:15 PM

We are a lucky bunch aren't we to have such enabler hubbies..... I'm grateful mines so supportive of my hobby..

sewlisa 03-25-2012 04:17 PM

Aww...what a guy! My DH stays far, far away from Joann's unless I need him to pick up something at the store near his work. And even then, I have to be sure that the clerk has it ready for him to grab and run. LOL. :o)

mighty 03-25-2012 04:42 PM

You are a lucky girl!

CoyoteQuilts 03-25-2012 05:49 PM

Jan, my DH is just like that and that is why I don't take him for fabric..... Today at church there was a gal with a pretty skirt on. It looked like it had 4 different period fabrics in blues. One of the sections looked just like 30's, another 70's and another patriotic.... I told DH they would make a wonderful quilt LOL. He said, 'You know I am starting to see the quilts in things now too!'

Treasureit 03-25-2012 06:00 PM

What a fun day! You are truly blessed.