Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My DH is THE BEST!

My DH is THE BEST!

He stopped at Joann's with me yesterday but I didn't buy anything. I told him I needed to look at a couple of patterns and see what I needed after pulling from my stash before I knew what I wanted to buy. We went back today - the first Joann's closest to our house didn't have the fabric I wanted but he insisted I get a ROLL of Warm & Natural since it was on sale and I had the additional 25%... Then he drove 30 miles to the next Joann's. I was so tickled when all of a sudden - after I found the two fabrics I needed - to see that HE had put ten bolts of fabric in my cart that he liked!!! Then, we drove to a third Joann's about ten miles further....where he proceeded to choose a couple more bolts for me! He also insisted I get a drop side table! We got home and he just finished putting my table together. Unfortunately, we have decided the table goes back as it is really poorly made for the price. But this day has been so great that I just don't care! He is so wonderful!

You think someone took him and replaced him with a look alike??
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan

A fat quarter is not a body part!

wow your DH is realy great. mine is to since he let me get a long arm this weekend and he spent the better part off the weekend setting it up for me.

Thats great I bet he gets a special dinner and dessert.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    Hip Hip Hooray for Hubby!!!! Mine sits in the car when we stop at JoAnns and watches the clock while I run in "for just a minute" However he is not compaining when I told him that part of our anniversary vacation in Vegas will consist of a fabric shop hop. He said "As long as I don't have to go "

Blog Entries
    What a blessing to have dhs like this. I needed my Janome serviced and he took it in and decided I needed the new Horizon 12000- so he got it for me. Needless to say I'm enjoying all the bells and whistles it has and boy does it have a lot!
    Quilting in the Desert

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    We are a lucky bunch aren't we to have such enabler hubbies..... I'm grateful mines so supportive of my hobby..

Aww...what a guy! My DH stays far, far away from Joann's unless I need him to pick up something at the store near his work. And even then, I have to be sure that the clerk has it ready for him to grab and run. LOL. )

You are a lucky girl!

Jan, my DH is just like that and that is why I don't take him for fabric..... Today at church there was a gal with a pretty skirt on. It looked like it had 4 different period fabrics in blues. One of the sections looked just like 30's, another 70's and another patriotic.... I told DH they would make a wonderful quilt LOL. He said, 'You know I am starting to see the quilts in things now too!'

What a fun day! You are truly blessed.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    You have a wonderful husband. You what they need to do? The LQS need to add a tool room or something for guys. I go to a shop far away in a little town and they have an espresso counter and antiques. Lots of antique tools and watches and things that keep my husband busy for as long as I am.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

He is surely a keeper. My dh is an enabler, too. He always is on the lookout for fabric sales & such. We are a lucky bunch.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Lucky you!! But I have to say, my DH helped me finish & install my design wall just yesterday. He encouraged me to buy my cabinet, and another featherweight with card table. He's a keeper. To repay his kindness, I try very hard not to drag him into JoAnn's!
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Too nice,my husband will come down to see me cursing at my best pal ~seam ripper~ and then I get a pat on the head and a kiss ,then he says dont worry youll get it .But shopping at any store for him is a no no and he watches the clock so I know that I need to know what I have to have.But as we all know when we walk in a fabric store our minds race lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
    He stopped at Joann's with me yesterday but I didn't buy anything. I told him I needed to look at a couple of patterns and see what I needed after pulling from my stash before I knew what I wanted to buy. We went back today - the first Joann's closest to our house didn't have the fabric I wanted but he insisted I get a ROLL of Warm & Natural since it was on sale and I had the additional 25%... Then he drove 30 miles to the next Joann's. I was so tickled when all of a sudden - after I found the two fabrics I needed - to see that HE had put ten bolts of fabric in my cart that he liked!!! Then, we drove to a third Joann's about ten miles further....where he proceeded to choose a couple more bolts for me! He also insisted I get a drop side table! We got home and he just finished putting my table together. Unfortunately, we have decided the table goes back as it is really poorly made for the price. But this day has been so great that I just don't care! He is so wonderful!

You think someone took him and replaced him with a look
    alike??
    Do you believe in aliens? Seriously, he did good!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    better ask him how much that fishing boat is gonna cost..heheheh
    enjoy your NEW stash!

You are all so lucky!! The best thing my hubby ever did was LEAVE!! Made my life happier, and noone complains about the time I spend on my quilting!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    You are all so lucky!! The best thing my hubby ever did was LEAVE!! Made my life happier, and noone complains about the time I spend on my quilting!!!
    After reading all of the other comments, yours was priceless!
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

"You think someone took him and replaced him with a look alike??"

If they did, shhhhhhhhh! Maybe you should check the bank statement and cards to see what HE bought.

I am happy that you have such a loving and generous partner.....you are fortunate :-)

Can we clone him??????????

My DH will take me to JoAnn's and the LQS, but stays in the car playing games on his phone. There's no time restraints on my stay at the store. I just try to not make him wait too long so I can be sure he'll take me again. He has no interest in quilts except to sleep under one while he takes his nap. :-)
    Save the Earth!

Itís the only planet with Chocolate.

my hubby is like that too! he won't go into the store with me, but will let me buy if I need something. he spoils me, then I spoil him....win/win situation!

You're a very lucky lady!!

My DH is the same and encourages me beyond belief. Yesterday we went to get fabric for a project and he helped with color choices and then was shocked when we were finished quickly. I think he wanted to stay and look at fabric!

That's awsome, he is a keeper for sure!!!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast