Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My DH is THE BEST!

Temple, TX (Transplanted from New York 2010)
    You ladies are SOO LUCKY. Sometimes my dh supports my insanety, I mean hobby. And ALOT of time he does NOT. Thanks for sharing.

Have a blessed day.

debra
    cny_sewer39

Sew Much Fabric, Sew Little Time...

Would you send your hubby over to talk to my hubby? He could sure use the help! LOL!! You go girl!
    Aronel aka Lee

I have to pipe in...my DH took me an hour away to a quilt shop here in Germany and let me look and spend and I even got to meet another board member. He does put his two cents in when I'm selecting fabric but i take it cause hes there with me. I love him so very much, I even showed him the long arm there sorry to say it still does not impress him enough to buy me one LMAO but I tried!!! Way to go great Dh's!!
    *Rachel*

You are so blessed to have a husband who is so thoughtful and considerate of you, and he is so blessed to have a wife who appreciates his good qualities!

I am so lucky that my hubby does not seem to mind going into Joann's with me. We live about 75 miles away from good shopping, so I don't go too often. He works in town so once in a great while I give him a list of patterns to get when they are on sale, or even a swatch to match. Last week we went to Hobby Lobby and while I sat and looked for patterns to get. he looked around for blue fabric for the ninja outfit that our grandson had requested. I had made up my mind that I would like whatever he chose, but he did great and the fabric was perfect and on sale.
    Last edited by Katia; 03-26-2012 at 09:05 AM.

My DH is also great. He shops with me and is always "finding" frabic and saying what can you make with this! Keep yours happy!

I am happy to see so many of us have husbands with such wonderful qualities! Where I grew up, this was not seen...men in fabric stores. Of course, my husband is not from my hometown! He is helping me with the long arm he got me for Christmas. I don't think I was quite ready for one but it was such a great deal ( he found it) he thought I needed to go ahead and get it. Now, I am a little intimidated by it. He knows more about it than I do and is easing me into using it!
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan used to be in FL when she chose this user name

A fat quarter is not a body part!

You are a very lucky woman. I am thankful that my DH has woodworking as a hobby and can actually relate to some of my quilting patterns. He taught me how to square up a quilt by measuring, not only the sides but the diagonals as well. He programmed out GPS with quilt shops along our vacation route a couple of years ago--but prefers to stay in the car. And he is my fabric mule. He works in the US and has my online orders shipped to his hotel and then carrys them home to me. Saves a lot in shipping.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

KUDOS to DH!!!!

Wow! Does he have a brother?
    Bless, O Lord, the works of my hands....

P. C.

I have a wonderful husband too. He took me, with the cargo trailer, 6 hours one way, to buy about 2000 yds or fabric from one of our board members.

Power Poster
    That was so sweet. Sounds like you had a great day!!!

Blog Entries
    My hubby is my soul mate too and he also quilts so we spoil each other. Thank you Sweet Jesus for my saint. and yours to.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
    You are a very lucky woman. I am thankful that my DH has woodworking as a hobby and can actually relate to some of my quilting patterns. He taught me how to square up a quilt by measuring, not only the sides but the diagonals as well. He programmed out GPS with quilt shops along our vacation route a couple of years ago--but prefers to stay in the car. And he is my fabric mule. He works in the US and has my online orders shipped to his hotel and then carrys them home to me. Saves a lot in shipping.
    That is wonderful...he's DOES save you a lot in shipping and fabric costs! Great job on training him!

Blog Entries
    What a sweetie you have! Sounds like a keeper! We just bought a new car yesterday and my dh stated (when he looked in the trunk) "You can fit a lot of fabric in that." Also (when we were test driving) "This will give you a smooth ride when driving on all those shop hops!" He's a funny, realistic man!
    Go forth and sew!

My dh just sold his boat yesterday in order to downsize. He told me how much of the money he was going to spend on a replacement boat and told me I could have the rest of the money. LQS here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
    We are a lucky bunch aren't we to have such enabler hubbies..... I'm grateful mines so supportive of my hobby..
    sapdoggie

Life is full of many pieces- why not quilt?

what a great shopping day for you-he is a keeper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Your are a very lucky lady.. sounds like you are doing something right to bring out the best in him!!!!!
    Dee

Today is the day the Lord has made..Let us be glad and rejoice in it!!

Smile

H has a favorite LQS! Knights in York, Maine. Even if I don't need anything (is this ever possible???) he insists we stop so HE can check out the fabrics/patterns,etc.! He does sew (only boy with 6 sisters, so Mom taught him when she taught the girls) but leaves the quilting to me. As an engineer, he's wonderful for figuring sizes and measurements, something I am terrible with. DH is also my go-to guy when my machine hiccups. Yeah, I guess some of us are very lucky to have these wonderful partners! :-)
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Don't look a gift horse - err hubby - in the mouth.

It's great when they do that!!

How sweet! I bet he had as much fun picking out fabrics as you did.

Wow, I want one like him!
    Quilt outside of the box!

Sounds like a great day and a great dh!

Isn't it wonderful when our DH's support our interests & hobbies. If just makes things so much easier.
    Dance like no one is watching

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast