Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My DH is THE BEST!

Blog Entries
    I just love reading posts like this. It is so wonderful when husbands are supportive and get involved. I never go to Joann without my husband. I think he enjoys it more than I do! Well, almost. And he spent hours with me at a quilt show this weekend. I think we both have keepers.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I have a wonderful, supportive husband also. My mom told me what her mom told her, "Pick a husband by the way he treats his mother".

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
    Then, we drove to a third Joann's about ten miles further....where he proceeded to choose a couple more bolts for me!
    I'm thinking if he is choosing fabric from several stores it's time to show him where the spare sewing machine is.

Blog Entries
    Sio nice to see supportive husbands on the board

Your DH is definitely a keeper!

Gosh, I can't imagine that kind of thing happening here. I don't drive so do a lot of online shopping anymore and 'beat him to the post office' a lot. When I DO need some certain fabric and asked if he would drop me off at the fabric store (35 miles away) when we are already in the city, he thinks I should be able to FIND and CHECK OUT in TEN MINUTES. Sometimes when at a Walmart that has fabric, I sneak over to the fabric dept. and when at checkout, he says, "You didn't need that'. Online shopping eliminates the headache and satisfies the heart. After several requests of him to build me some shelves in my sewing room (that he says I didn't need), I recently bought a bookcase when shopping with my visiting son. It had to be constructed (son had to go back home) and after attempting and failing to put together myself, hubby DID put it together for me without complaint. Guess he must have realized that I DID need it. Hubby can do woodworking but it's not a hobby. His pastime is reading. Thanks for letting me vent.

Jan

That's great! I am so happy for you. Sorry about the table not being up to par, however sometimes you just have to take what you can get! Enjoy your fabrics!

TreeFrog
    I wish to grow into a better person than I am.

I've got a great one too, DH that is! He is so encouraging and never complains when I need a new tool, fabric etc. We've been together nearly 40 years and still happy.
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Aren't DH's the greatest ??? Its so nice when they are replaced by the "Alien" hubby and then so sweet and wonderful !LOL and we all wonder what happened to that DH ? LOL ...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Lucky you.

Enjoy your husband! He sounds like a keeper.

Congratulations on your sweetheart. Mine is a super enabler too. Sorry about the table - we are going tonight to look at them.
    Quilting makes me happy!..

You must be one sweet lady to have him do all of that. Did you make him a big apple pie for a reward?

You are VERY lucky to have a husband that comes with you - mine just gives me the debit card and lets me get on with it ... having said that, it is probably for the best... You are EXTREMELY lucky to have a chain of fabric shops like Joanns!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations for finding a keeper! Makes you wonder if there was a little spark in him when you first met that told your inner self he would become the man he is. You knew a good man when you saw him. Good for you!
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Blog Entries
    Nice shopping! I shop differently then most wives I guess. I never ask DH to go with me when I shop. He could come of course but why get that started when he's happy not going? LOL
    Got fabric?

Does he have a brother?

Your Hubby

My goodness...he does sound like a treasure. What a wonderful thing he did for you and with you. Awww...if only you could clone him just like he is today.LOL

Evelyn

Blog Entries
    I have one of those DHs as well and they are KEEPERS! We are both widowed from long happy marriages so we have lots to celebrate and wonderful memories to share. DH doesn't like to go in with me BUT when I return from the shopping he wants to know why I didn't get more. He has sent me back in when he didn't think I spent enough and, once or twice, gone back in with me to make sure I didn't get the "cheap stuff" this time! Lately he's been helping me with color choices and he has quite a good eye. He never minds when I spend money on fabric or time shopping for it. He plans our trips so I can fabric shop and we travel quite a lot. We've taken our trikes to Nova Scotia, Southern California, and Key West, mailing fabric back along the way. And the car trips (He loves to call them FARTS*) don't miss any shops either, LOL! I am piecing tops for Project Linus everyday I am home so my stash is actually smaller now than it has been. DH worries about me not having "enough" however much that is!

What do I do in return? I make sure he gets anything he needs to fish and keep him in bait!! I also clean his fish and scratch his back. I have an old Boy Scout, career Army Vet and all round good guy. He's not for sale at any price! I am one lucky old lady!

*Fabric Acquisition Road Trips
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, For I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.

Wow...that is awesome!!!
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Mine goes to Joann's with me also. I make him feel very useful and always have him help choose fabrics. He has a very good eye for coordinating (most of the time). He says that's his part of making a quilt.

Sounds like a lot of dhs are great guys. Mine doesn't want any part of Joann's after he waited outside for a couple of hours on Black Friday LOL My middle name is Joann so that's my problem he says

Nah..it's not April Fools yet so just enjoy it!

Mine won't go to Joannes with me (or a quilt show for that matter), but he bought my Janome a couple of years ago and has been on a mission to find me a featherweight so I will start going back to classes. Now he does have a free standing music studio in our back yard with all the bells and whistles, but I DO NOT look a gift horse in the mouth!
    Lynne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
    You are a very lucky woman. I am thankful that my DH has woodworking as a hobby and can actually relate to some of my quilting patterns. He taught me how to square up a quilt by measuring, not only the sides but the diagonals as well. He programmed out GPS with quilt shops along our vacation route a couple of years ago--but prefers to stay in the car. And he is my fabric mule. He works in the US and has my online orders shipped to his hotel and then carrys them home to me. Saves a lot in shipping.
    This sounds like mine and my dh's scenario.He loves to work with wood. And I live to quilt! And we can understand what each other is talking about of our own hobbies. And we both quote (quite frequently) "MEASURE TWICE CUT ONCE"Lol
    We are currently renovating my quilting studio.It is lots of fun when you can relate and appreciate each others hobbies.
    Tammy
    Tammy
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tam73501?feature=mhee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast