Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My order from Harbor Freight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-order-harbor-freight-t68457.html)

EagarBeez 10-05-2010 11:12 AM

I had placed an order from HF, it was the rotary blades. They were on back order and shipped off on the 28th. For some odd reason they sent them Fed Ex. I live in Eastern Az. The blades got to Pheonix, took 2 days and was transfered to reg mail. Went to my Post office. Now my po still has not gotten to them. Today is the 5th.
We live in a small town, and our po has 5 or 6 folks there.
The po office wants more money, but, what about our mail?
I feel sometimes it is like a pony express operation.
Sorry, I just had to vent, glad I don't need the blades this minute.

craftybear 10-05-2010 11:14 AM

did you call the post office? I hope you get them soon, please let us know

sharon b 10-05-2010 11:16 AM

Fedex has a deal with the Post office now - where they work hand in hand- but it is a cheaper shipping way for the business owner. Sadly what they didn't tell you was that once the PO gets it - it becomes like a parcel post delivery so it does take more time .

Just remember good things come to those that wait :lol:

Daisydoodle 10-05-2010 11:16 AM

Try ebay or one of the online sewing / quilting sites. Clotilde, Nancys Notions etc. the are good deals and Mail them thru US Mail. Usually get mine very fast. The last batch I bought off of ebay and go then in three days. Sorry you had a problem!

EagarBeez 10-05-2010 12:20 PM

it's not HF, it's the US post office, my DH copied from the internet, the info from both the PO and Fed Ex. The PO told him it was given to Fed Ex

merrylouw 10-05-2010 12:34 PM

You might call FedX and tell them the problem you're having with the PO. They might be able to help you intervene with the PO.

Kitsie 10-05-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
it's not HF, it's the US post office, my DH copied from the internet, the info from both the PO and Fed Ex. The PO told him it was given to Fed Ex

Fed EX? Just call it Fed! Ain't no Express there!

Are some finally getting their back orders then? Mine are supposed to be another 3-4 wks. And the lady that suggested other sites: Its all about the price! But you can get lucky on
E-Bay

amandasgramma 10-05-2010 01:29 PM

The worst mail service I've ever gotten was in Quartzsite!!!!! Good luck!

Yellow Bird 10-05-2010 01:33 PM

I believe it is dishonest for a vendor to charge for Fed Ex, etc and have the item passed off the post office. The time issue is the biggest rip off.

EagarBeez 10-05-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie

Originally Posted by EagarBeez

Fed EX? Just call it Fed! Ain't no Express there!

Are some finally getting their back orders then? Mine are supposed to be another 3-4 wks. And the lady that suggested other sites: Its all about the price! But you can get lucky on
E-Bay

yes, some of the back orders are going out. They sent me a notice that, I had to return the card if I wanted to wait any longer. I went to the site and it said my order shipped, money was taken from my checking and I have been tracing it. It's suppose to be in my home town, so perhaps tomorrow.
Oh, yea, the card did say that the orders were being sent, first come, first serve