Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our most embarrassing/funniest mistakes while quilting/sewing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-most-embarrassing-funniest-mistakes-while-quilting-sewing-t205595.html)

mimi=17 11-12-2012 03:28 PM

we love to hear about the good,the bad and the not so good.

pandamommy 11-12-2012 04:35 PM

I have loved reading this thread, but I think it jinxed me. I was trimming up some threads on a completely finished quilt when I got poked. I have an open safety pin inside the quilt. I haven't quite decided how I am going to solve this big oops. Will have take a couple of days and consider all my options.

maviskw 11-12-2012 08:35 PM

Tonight I was going through some fabric and found some that would make a good pillow for the cat rescue lady. Won't take but a few minutes, right? I had replaced a zipper in a jacket, and the old one had about 12 inches that was still usable. So I installed it into the pillow seam. Stitched it very carefully, back stitched each end, double sewed each side, and lo and behold! The zipper pull ended up on the inside of the pillow. I ripped (literally) it out, picked the little threads off the zipper, cut off the pillow where the fabric had ripped (that went into the pillow) and started over. This time I did it right.

MimiBug123 11-12-2012 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by oldpiglady (Post 5651350)
Now That's funny!!

That sounds like something I would do while I was having one of my "wonderful ideas." Too funny!!!!

mom2boyz 11-12-2012 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by rekrug (Post 5649408)
LOL! Loved these! I have a good one. Newly married and still in school (aka broke), my husband was working for a furniture company. He would bring left over chintz/cotton fabric home that was appropriate for me to make dresses, etc. (I was student teaching, and needed to look professional on a dime.) Low and behold, we go to a house design open house, (a rather dressy affair), and I am standing there, matching the sofa. I stayed in the kitchen. LOL

I can just picture this - giggle, giggle!!!!!!!

nakotha 11-12-2012 11:46 PM

A friend of mine told me yesterday that she sewed the seam ripper into the inside of the waistband. To me this is irony, isn't it? :)

jollyquilting 11-13-2012 12:41 AM

This was the most fun I have had in months. Laughed out loud. Been there, done it in a couple of things, almost quit quilting before I got started, sewed for awhile and the bobbin ran out and I couldn't figure out how to make a bobbin and was going to QUIT . Someone else ran a bobbin.lol by the way, have learned to make bobbins since.

Quiltforme 11-13-2012 12:48 AM

My embarrassing story was 6 years ago my son had pulled off the elastic to a mickey mouse hat so as a good mom i whipped out my machine set it on my bed and started to sew. The machine tipped forward sewed through my finger and i was stuck not able to move. I had to call 911 the worst part of it i was in my ratty tatty jammies no bra hair in all of its bufont glory and in walks 6 gorgeous firefighters who are trying not to laugh. My shining moment :(

gramquilter2 11-13-2012 08:27 AM

When I first started quilting and learning to use a rotary cutter the blade slipped and went up over the ruler and cut my finger, when the bleeding wouldn't stop I went to the clinic and had 15 stitches to close up the wound. And went home to work on my project! I am more careful with a rotary cutter now.

Ladibug 11-18-2012 07:52 PM

I so needed a laugh tonight and bless your hearts I got a good one ya'll. QBers are the best!!!

Ladibug