Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   question about 10 min. block, please. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-10-min-block-please-t80725.html)

cinnya 12-05-2010 07:53 AM

I was wondering if i could make this block in different sizes. I would like to make one in maybe 6 or 9 inch blocks,do you all think it would work???
I could not find it mentioned on any tutorial. TIA.:)

Rebecca VLQ 12-05-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by cinnya
I was wondering if i could make this block in different sizes. I would like to make one in maybe 6 or 9 inch blocks,do you all think it would work???
I could not find it mentioned on any tutorial. TIA.:)

I think it would, as long as each block was the same size.

I did one as a lil Chrismas ornament, with 2" blocks. The center piece was teeny-tiny though.

Use pins. A must to get it all to come out straight and lay right.

cinnya 12-05-2010 08:02 AM

Thank you , I was hoping it would work and not get too busy looking. I just prefer smaller blocks.

deema 12-05-2010 08:06 AM

I think you can use any size. I haven't done any yet (want to, though!). I'm sure I read on here that someone used a larger block for the one that will be the center block because she wanted it bigger, and it worked out well too. So I'm thinking that as long as the corner blocks are all the same and the center doesn't exceed the length of what will be the finished block, you could do it any size you choose. But again, I haven't played with it yet, so I'm not certain. :)

cinnya 12-05-2010 08:11 AM

Thank you ,I am digging in my stash as I type lol...

Momma_K 12-05-2010 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used my 6" blocks, I had a pile of them given to me long ago and didn't know what to do with them. The main block is just smaller and in total is about 11 inches. BUt you do have to pin pin pin! I first match up the seem in the middle and go from thee. It's not hard at all. So far I have 14 blocks completed. I'd have more if you all would stop writing!!! Ha! If I can I'll post a few.

4 of my 13, just a few to show as not sewn together. I'm going to make many in order to chose the quilt tops.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138558[/ATTACH]

cinnya 12-05-2010 08:37 AM

LOl, I know I need to get of the computer ,if this quilt top is going to get done by tomorrow night. ok it seems as long as I pin ( Arghhhh...I don't like to pin:) )), it will be alright.
Thank you all so much for the help.

LUANNH 12-05-2010 08:53 AM

Ok I've never seen this block but it looks very interesting. Is their a tute or directions for this block. Is the name 10 min block? I must be in a cave not to of heard of this, whats up with that, guess I need to read more post and less sewing LOL LuAnn

laureneberhard 12-05-2010 09:00 AM

Can some one please tell me where to get this pattern? I have looked around, but must be missing it. Thanks

dede 12-05-2010 09:01 AM

Hey, Christina... I too would love to see this block... I haven't seen it before... where do I find it, please?