Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilters Club of America - is it worth joining? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-club-america-worth-joining-t23031.html)

Quiltgranny 07-20-2009 08:41 PM

Hello fellow quilters,

I received an 'invite' to sign up and become a Charter Member of the "Quilters Club of America" today, sponsored by Fons & Porter and Keepsake Quilting - for a fee of $39.95. When they first came out, they wanted $75 to join.

Has anyone else here joined, and felt like it was worth the $$, or not? Here's what this members fee includes:

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com...lub-perks.aspx

Thanks for your input.

:)

azdesertrat 07-21-2009 12:01 AM

I joined a few years a go and I am happy.I especially like the discount card for Joanns,gives 10% off total order.If I didn't have a Joanns to go to I might not have joined

quiltluvr 07-21-2009 01:49 AM

I joined last year and it expired. I haven't renewed. I did like the intro package, the magazine and the JoAnn's discount card that I used. I didn't access the online stuff as much as I wanted, always put if off for another time that never happened.

Overall, it wasn't a bad deal at all.

sew4fun 07-21-2009 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
I joined last year and it expired. I haven't renewed. I did like the intro package, the magazine and the JoAnn's discount card that I used. I didn't access the online stuff as much as I wanted, always put if off for another time that never happened.

Overall, it wasn't a bad deal at all.

I ditto this. Still thinking of renewing but not sure it is worth it as I don't take advantage of the online access.

Maride 07-21-2009 04:22 AM

I guess it is worth it, depending what you expect from it. I found from a different path. I wanted to be able to see the on-line quilting show with Mark Lipinski (Quilting out loud) that begins later this month. It is done by the people from QNNTV.com.

If you join them, you can see quilting Out Loud as well as many others video clips on line. One option is to also join the Quilting Club of America with for a discounted price. You may want to check into that before making a decision.

Maria

Barbm 07-21-2009 04:59 AM

joined last year and renewed. I love the Joann's card and I have made stuff from the magazine- easy Quilts. I'm very happy with my membership. Haven't watched the videos- just don't have time.

Quiltgranny 07-21-2009 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
I joined a few years a go and I am happy.I especially like the discount card for Joanns,gives 10% off total order.If I didn't have a Joanns to go to I might not have joined

Is that 10% off on top of any other discounts taken? Like using their 40 or 50% off coupons. Do you get both discounts?

Quiltgranny 07-21-2009 06:57 AM

Thanks everyone,

Sounds like the vote here is it would be more worth it if a person took advantage of all the online pattern freebies and the QNN, etc. Unfortunately, I'm still on dial up here, and trying to watch any video is almost impossible. I would appreciate the magazine sub for sure, but not sure about the rest. Hmm. Will see what some others think, too. Thanks so much! :)

Rose Marie 07-21-2009 11:59 AM

If you do not have high speed internet dont buy it. QNNTV is one of the big perks of buying it. Of course you can buy it alone for 25 dollars a yr.
I never used the perks on line either. The quilt magazine is for only 4 issues.
The Tips DVD never did work and they sent me a new one and it did not work either.
I will not renew.

Quiltgranny 07-21-2009 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
If you do not have high speed internet dont buy it. QNNTV is one of the big perks of buying it. Of course you can buy it alone for 25 dollars a yr.
I never used the perks on line either. The quilt magazine is for only 4 issues.
The Tips DVD never did work and they sent me a new one and it did not work either.
I will not renew.

I will probably wait til I do have high speed. Sorry to hear of your negative troubles with the DVD's. Thanks for your reply.