Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ripper found (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ripper-found-t223720.html)

annel 06-15-2013 02:56 AM

ripper found

Some time back there was a post requesting info about ripper. I found the one I was describing at Annie's catalog online. It is called Surgical Seam Ripper and it is from Live Guides by Kathy Ruddy. The only ripper I have ever liked.

DebraK 06-15-2013 04:24 AM

did you that electric seam ripper on the same page? wonder how that works.

Misty's Mom 06-15-2013 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK (Post 6123234)
did you that electric seam ripper on the same page? wonder how that works.

I read somewhere that some people were using their husbands mustache trimmers instead of this.

sweetpea 06-15-2013 05:13 AM

Has any one use a Eyebrow shaper as seam ripper? was talking to a gal some time back and she was telling me she use a eyebrow shaper as a seam ripper, she really like it becuase it has a guard on it so you can't cut the fabric. I got some to gave it a try [you can get 3 for less then $2.00 I think it was]. First off I CAN cut the fabric with it[ just lucke I guess]. but i do like the way you can just run it along the seam and cut the theards

DebraK 06-15-2013 05:27 AM

that's exactly what it looks like ;-)

DebraK 06-15-2013 05:28 AM

interesting.

Pollytink 06-15-2013 09:48 AM

Hey gals! Don't mean to sound lazy but please.....some links!!! Would love to see all these but am feeling terrible today and just can't manage many searches. Thanks!

AliKat 06-15-2013 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by sweetpea (Post 6123353)
Has any one use a Eyebrow shaper as seam ripper? was talking to a gal some time back and she was telling me she use a eyebrow shaper as a seam ripper, she really like it becuase it has a guard on it so you can't cut the fabric. I got some to gave it a try [you can get 3 for less then $2.00 I think it was]. First off I CAN cut the fabric with it[ just lucke I guess]. but i do like the way you can just run it along the seam and cut the theards

Yep, got them at Walgreen's though I suppose Walmart also has them. However, I prefer my Seam-Fix ripper.

Earleen 06-15-2013 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by sweetpea (Post 6123353)

I like them and they do a good job, don't seem to go off track.

yel 06-15-2013 11:53 AM

i have one at work about 3$ from walmart ...it has a round handle and in the end some kind of rubbery thing that kinda looks like an eraser it works great for wisking away the threads after the ripping .....worth it if you never use the ripper ...it works great