Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ripper found

ripper found

Some time back there was a post requesting info about ripper. I found the one I was describing at Annie's catalog online. It is called Surgical Seam Ripper and it is from Live Guides by Kathy Ruddy. The only ripper I have ever liked.

did you that electric seam ripper on the same page? wonder how that works.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    did you that electric seam ripper on the same page? wonder how that works.

I read somewhere that some people were using their husbands mustache trimmers instead of this.

Has any one use a Eyebrow shaper as seam ripper? was talking to a gal some time back and she was telling me she use a eyebrow shaper as a seam ripper, she really like it becuase it has a guard on it so you can't cut the fabric. I got some to gave it a try [you can get 3 for less then $2.00 I think it was]. First off I CAN cut the fabric with it[ just lucke I guess]. but i do like the way you can just run it along the seam and cut the theards
    Scrapy quilts have more love in them.

that's exactly what it looks like ;-)

interesting.

Hey gals! Don't mean to sound lazy but please.....some links!!! Would love to see all these but am feeling terrible today and just can't manage many searches. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Has any one use a Eyebrow shaper as seam ripper? was talking to a gal some time back and she was telling me she use a eyebrow shaper as a seam ripper, she really like it becuase it has a guard on it so you can't cut the fabric. I got some to gave it a try [you can get 3 for less then $2.00 I think it was]. First off I CAN cut the fabric with it[ just lucke I guess]. but i do like the way you can just run it along the seam and cut the theards
    Yep, got them at Walgreen's though I suppose Walmart also has them. However, I prefer my Seam-Fix ripper.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I like them and they do a good job, don't seem to go off track.
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

yel
    Blog Entries
    i have one at work about 3$ from walmart ...it has a round handle and in the end some kind of rubbery thing that kinda looks like an eraser it works great for wisking away the threads after the ripping .....worth it if you never use the ripper ...it works great

Thanks for sharing......Happy quilting
    Age is mind over matter.......if you don't mind ........it doesn't matter! 😂
    Nancy

Blog Entries

for what? mustache and eyebrow trimmers? Original poster gave a link for the ripper. The electric one shows up at the bottom of that page.

Blog Entries
    I have the surgical steel blade style ripper..........and although it may look scary at first..........you learn quickly how to use it fast and with confidence and NO cuts to fabric rather then ripping only seams. I have gifted these to friends who also love it.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54489/296/CCA9C6060E1181152CA095EAA3495414.png[/img]

I know my doctor/quilter friend swears by them ;-) I think i will pick up a couple to try, soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
    Hey gals! Don't mean to sound lazy but please.....some links!!! Would love to see all these but am feeling terrible today and just can't manage many searches. Thanks!
    Dear Pollytink, I sure hope you feel better. Marcia....aka BA

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    I have one of those and thinking of getting a couple more for when I can't find the first one! :-) Love it, it is my "go to" ripper. I bought it mainly to relieve jammed stitches on my embroidery machine but find I am reaching for it for all kinds of things like sewing, or hand embroidery that I don't like after I did it, etc. Oh yes, I don't rip all the time - - - - I do get things made. :-)

Marysewfun

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

I think it is a wicked little tool. Maybe my learning curve is too long....when I used it I kept cutting my fabric. Usually just one thread so it didn't show right away but sure did once it once together....not happy. It is in the "I'll never use this tool again" drawer.

Blog Entries
    DebraK, I bought one of those battery operated seam ripper thingys it works so/so I find it hard to hold the 2 fabrics apart with my left hand while trying to hold the button down to use the ripper and a couple of times I've shaved the fabric so I would say not to get one but thats MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
    Yep, got them at Walgreen's though I suppose Walmart also has them. However, I prefer my Seam-Fix ripper.
    I love my Seam Fix Ripper too! Although I bought mine from a quilt shop, I saw them in a Walmart recently.
    Karen in Kentucky

I got them from the dollar store but haven't tried them out yet. I think there were 2-3 in a pkg.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    for what? mustache and eyebrow trimmers? Original poster gave a link for the ripper. The electric one shows up at the bottom of that page.
    I must be blind because I don't see a link in the original post. I do see a link further down but it was posted after the pp asked for links.

Could you try pinning the bottom fabric to your jeans or what ever, and then pull the fabric with your left hand and use the trimmer with your right? (for a right handed)
    (This is for the lady who didn't have enough hands for her trimmer and her fabric.)
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Pepita View Post
    Could you try pinning the bottom fabric to your jeans or what ever, and then pull the fabric with your left hand and use the trimmer with your right? (for a right handed)
    (This is for the lady who didn't have enough hands for her trimmer and her fabric.)
    I just use my presser foot to hold the other side of the fabric works great

Blog Entries
    I have one of these and use it more than I ever thought I would:
    http://www.anniescatalog.com/notions...29&cat_id=1541

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast