Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotor Blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotor-blades-t58801.html)

CraftsByRobin 08-11-2010 06:38 PM

I have a couple of those here in my town!!!

AVQuilter 08-11-2010 06:59 PM

Rats...my HF is out of blades...guess the word is out here in Appley Valley, CA. already. None expected until next Thursday.
I will be calling to check.

Thanks for this information...

Annaleehunter 08-11-2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by angieh1964

Originally Posted by Candace
This is just so wrong that you can slap a "quilters" name on it and jack up the price. We've got a H.F. here too. I've not bought blades at Joanne's lately. Say, with a 40% off coupon...anyone have what the going rate per blade is?

the same for scissors i found a nice pair one day cruisin thru lowes they are just like my singers except black and red they were marked 4.99 which i thought was a great deal got to the register they rang up 1.98 SCORE!!! wish i would have grabbed about 10 at that price. but was low on funds RATS!!!

I have those scissors... They are great, even in the garden! Wish I had 10 pr.

sewnsewer2 08-11-2010 07:15 PM

I'm going tomorrow, there is one close by me. :)
Thank you to all who have tried these out on their rotary cutters.

newbiequilter 08-11-2010 07:32 PM

Nice to have the link; blades are now on backorder.

Momsmurf 08-11-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by grammo013
After reading about carpet cutter blades at arbor Freight, I made hubby take me out there.

2 to a package and only $1.45 WOOHOO. I bought 10 packages before they discover quilters are using them and raise the price. They are super sharp. think they are made sharper as carpet is tough. Cut like going through butter.

Girl in store said they will have to limit how many a person can buy at a time. They are dangerous. I looked at her and "I am 61 years old I know how to use a blade and one will cut someone just as well at 20."

Always trying to take our bonuses away lol.

When I describe my rotary cutter to anyone (non-quilter) I tell them that it's a rolling scalpel. : = )

Chasing Hawk 08-11-2010 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by magpiefeather

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Magpie,

I love the quilt in your avatar. I especially love the colors chosen, the four direction, how appropriate for a Lakota Star Quilt. I am 1/4 Lakota and 1/2 Saginaw Chippewa.

Oh thanks! I'm Blackfeet and Cree...I noticed your nice eagle on the aprons you did...might have to order some patches or something sometime. Was your embroidery machine hard to learn?
Also....did you look at all my lone stars on my webshots? Beadwork and stuff there too.

Yes I did, what beautiful work. The machine was easy to learn, I love it. I hope to make a Lakota star quilt one day. Even a small one :)

omak 08-11-2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Momsmurf

When I describe my rotary cutter to anyone (non-quilter) I tell them that it's a rolling scalpel. : = )

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: <wave>

Annya 08-11-2010 10:14 PM

It is good to see I am not the only one who can cut herself with the rotary blades. I am extra careful these days and put it well out of my way if it is open. No more blood on good fabric for me, thank you. :thumbdown:

magpiefeather 08-11-2010 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by magpiefeather

Magpie,

I love the quilt in your avatar. I especially love the colors chosen, the four direction, how appropriate for a Lakota Star Quilt. I am 1/4 Lakota and 1/2 Saginaw Chippewa.

Oh thanks! I'm Blackfeet and Cree...I noticed your nice eagle on the aprons you did...might have to order some patches or something sometime. Was your embroidery machine hard to learn?
Also....did you look at all my lone stars on my webshots? Beadwork and stuff there too.

Yes I did, what beautiful work. The machine was easy to learn, I love it. I hope to make a Lakota star quilt one day. Even a small one :)

let me know, I"ll try and help....