Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Round Robin - UP and RUNNING!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/round-robin-up-running-t6017.html)

Dawn Hendrix 04-30-2008 03:35 AM

I worked at the store.. That was soooooo much FUN!

tlrnhi 04-30-2008 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
I worked at the store.. That was soooooo much FUN!

Then we probably talked once in a while and didn't know it lol

QuiltingTurtle 04-30-2008 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am going crazy with the applique. Do you think this would be fine without applique. Sorry the photo is so bad. Only had my phone handy.

vicki reno 04-30-2008 09:39 AM

Were you trying to put applique in the middle? It looks lovely to me, but I don't know how much more you were going to add. I do applique a lot. Is theer anything I can help you with--long distance? I'd be glad to try if you like.

QuiltingTurtle 04-30-2008 09:49 AM

Thanks Vicki, the pattern wanted me to cut out the little pieces of the flowers and satin stich around them with stabilizer. I am not good at that...lol that is where the problem is coming in. I am now looking into just using freezer paper and tucking them under and sewing them on by hand. But I think that will take me FOREVER....

So I am trying to decide to go with a simple (so it doesn't take too long) applique pattern (freezer paper method) or just leave it the way it is.

Whew hope you understood that.

vicki reno 04-30-2008 10:11 AM

Have you considered the blanket stitch, or the invisible hem stitch on the machine? Is that maybe an option? Usually my satin stitching looks kind of wonky but maybe one of the other 2 sttiches would work for you. Good luck!

imaquilter 04-30-2008 10:15 AM

Wow, quilting turtle, your center is preettyyy! I think it looks just fine the way it is. That being said, I also think it would add something to it to do some applique to enhance it. I think that if you want to do it, go for it and simplify what is suggested for the applique design. If you don't want to do the applique, the center is beautiful without it.

I'm sure I didn't help you any........ :wink:

QuiltingTurtle 04-30-2008 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
Have you considered the blanket stitch, or the invisible hem stitch on the machine? !

I am thinking of it. I am just so afraid of ruining the center if I mess up. I think I am just going to try some simple flowers and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

sewhappy 04-30-2008 12:37 PM

Center done and on it's way! Sent to Imaquilter from Sewhappy,Anchorage Alaska!

tlrnhi 04-30-2008 12:56 PM

I think the block is pretty the way it is!

The block I am making is giving me such a fit!
I'm NOT giving up on it, I've come this far with this pattern.
I did realize last night when I was trying to finish it, that it was actually TOO large. I now have to "cut it back" to make it smaller. Don't know WHAT I was thinking!
Hoping to get it in the mail by the weekend.