Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Snowed in. YAY! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/snowed-yay-t89228.html)

CompulsiveQuilter 01-10-2011 07:31 AM

Last night I braved the crowds at Walmart to get 1.) coffee and 2.) thread. I'm a happy quilter today.

littlehud 01-10-2011 07:32 AM

Sounds like you have all you need. Have fun sewing today.

DebbieJJ 01-10-2011 07:38 AM

We're snowed in today, too. And possibly for the next 2 days, also. We went to Kroger yesterday after church, and there wasn't much left on the shelves, especially meats. We're retired, so we don't have to get out much, but being cooped up in the house gets on my DH's nerves. Me, I just sew and read the quilting board!

raptureready 01-10-2011 07:40 AM

I used to live near Knoxville at Johnson Bible College. Wonderful town. Enjoy being snowed in---it doesn't last all that long there. The year I was there it snowed one time, about 4-6 inches, just enough to build some awesome snowmen and small snow sculptures but we had to use all the available snow to make them. They began to melt two days later and were gone in 4.

Tink's Mom 01-10-2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
Last night I braved the crowds at Walmart to get 1.) coffee and 2.) thread. I'm a happy quilter today.

You forgot the chocolate! lol

eparys 01-10-2011 07:50 AM

All the essentials!!

mommafank 01-10-2011 07:50 AM

Also snowed in here in the Atlanta area. I find it comforting to have nothing else to do but be inside keeping warm with my coffee and quilting or a good book.

lynndianne 01-10-2011 07:53 AM

We got a little over 8 inches of the white stuff. Around 2:30 this morning I got up and it was really coming down. After I got up at 7 I had to shovel a path on the deck so I could put the 8 bird feeders out. Have an hour later I heard a thump and went out to find a small bird in the snow. He had hit the window. So I shoveled a path to him, picked him up (just dazed) and brought him in so I could find a box to put him in. I put some rags in a shoebox and covered him and put him out next to the BBQ grill. I checked on him a couple of times and then he was gone. Did my good deed for the day. Love the snow....no so much the ice.

Lynn

mommafank 01-10-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by lynndianne
We got a little over 8 inches of the white stuff. Around 2:30 this morning I got up and it was really coming down. After I got up at 7 I had to shovel a path on the deck so I could put the 8 bird feeders out. Have an hour later I heard a thump and went out to find a small bird in the snow. He had hit the window. So I shoveled a path to him, picked him up (just dazed) and brought him in so I could find a box to put him in. I put some rags in a shoebox and covered him and put him out next to the BBQ grill. I checked on him a couple of times and then he was gone. Did my good deed for the day. Love the snow....no so much the ice.

Lynn

Great job with the bird!

Midwestmary 01-10-2011 07:58 AM

Enjoy your day!