Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sometimes I get so mad at myself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sometimes-i-get-so-mad-myself-t54559.html)

AbbyQuilts 07-14-2010 11:07 PM

So tonight as I finished piecing the last block on my brothers anniversary quilt (and that is July 28th)
I think wow I am finally done I can sew these together put the boarders on and sandwich it. Stayed up late tonight to get the piecing done.

Lay all of the blocks out on the floor and realize I completely forgot a whole row.
I dont know where I got in my head that the quilt only had 12 blocks but there is suppose to be 16

Ohh well back to cutting and piecing tomorrow :( I thought I was done :(
now that I think about it I was surprised I had extra fabric. That should have tipped me off.

So do you every have those moment where its is just like "how or why did I do that?"

katier825 07-15-2010 01:30 AM

Oh yes, we all have our moments! I have a D9P set on point with sashing. I got all the blocks together, all the triangles except for the corners. Laid it all out (late at night) and thought I'd be less confused if I cut the extra points off the sides, top and bottom. I didn't realize until the next day that I cut off a row too soon! Now I have to make more blocks and rip out the last blocks along one side and bottom, shift all around, add new blocks and triangles. I was so discouraged that I put it aside. I'm hoping to get back to it one day soon though. It is a pretty quilt.

Lesson learned: do not cut when tired!

Quilt4u 07-15-2010 01:43 AM

Been there done that.

RevPam 07-15-2010 02:33 AM

It's called "a brain fart" and I have far too many!

Juliebelle 07-15-2010 02:41 AM

It always seem to be when you are tired nothing goes right. :)

Rebecca VLQ 07-15-2010 03:35 AM

Yup. My "favorite" mistake is when I have everything laid out on the floor and start picking up and sewing, get interrupted, then sew two "wrong" rows together. :roll:

Jeanniejo 07-15-2010 03:44 AM

I did that last week ! I was sewing the 7th of 9 rows and knew something was wrong. I was also sooooooo proud of myself for noticing my blunder before I had sewn another row on. I "unsewed" the last 2 blocks in the previous row and 2 from the row I had just sewn. Laid it back out on the floor to make sure it was right this time, so proud again ! It was then that I realized that there weren't any mistakes, I was just looking at the quilt sideways!!! Sewed them all back together and all was well. I even marked the first row so I wouldn't get confused. Didn't help much.

grammyp 07-15-2010 04:52 AM

Only every day, I call them my senior moments.

sewgull 07-15-2010 04:58 AM

My hand and brains decide to go in different directions.
Just laugh and go on sewing.

mlaceruby 07-15-2010 05:03 AM

A few weeks ago I sewed the same seam wrong 3 times!
sew-rip-sew-rip- sew
you get the idea!