Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sticker shock (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sticker-shock-t97728.html)

Prettiptibbs 02-07-2011 07:00 PM

Is it just me or did JoAnn's just went up on their prices? I went into a Joanns this evening and many bolts of fabric that used to be $7.99 were restickered $9.99. Is this the price increase we were hearing about in recent months? Yikes! I guess I have no choice now but to stick to the moratorium of buying fabric. Hello stash, you are looking so good tonight!

sueisallaboutquilts 02-07-2011 07:01 PM

Yeah, mine has been looking better too! lol

kriscraft99 02-07-2011 07:16 PM

same here only at Hancock Fabrics though :(

koko 02-07-2011 07:18 PM

JoAnn's was purchased by another company in December - I've been waiting to see what changes would be taking place now that it is under new ownership....looks like higher prices no matter how you look at it.

Izaquilter 02-07-2011 07:27 PM

For that price I will buy quilt shop fabric :O(

JEM65 02-07-2011 07:32 PM

I have found the prices have been rising for the last 6 months at my JoAnns here in Atlanta. I even bought some fabric and went back to get more later in the week and they had literally stickered over the price and raised it by $3.00 per yard! They have also been running big half pages ads in their flyers showcasing their Keepsake Calicos as if they are on sale but they are not discounted at all - just regular price. I am finding better sales at my local quilt shops!

Prettiptibbs 02-07-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JEM65
I have found the prices have been rising for the last 6 months at my JoAnns here in Atlanta. I even bought some fabric and went back to get more later in the week and they had literally stickered over the price and raised it by $3.00 per yard! They have also been running big half pages ads in their flyers showcasing their Keepsake Calicos as if they are on sale but they are not discounted at all - just regular price. I am finding better sales at my local quilt shops!

I agree. Even with 30% off the Keepsakes, there is no bargain, since you cannot use your coupons. I guess I will be very careful how I spend my fabric dollars.

rexie 02-07-2011 08:07 PM

I don't understand how they can "reprice" the fabric they already have in stock. It has already been paid for at a lower price. It seems to me that the price should only go up on newly ordered fabric.

Jan in VA 02-07-2011 08:13 PM

I don't get it either and really resent places that do this so blatantly. It's a real smack in the face.

Jan in VA

Originally Posted by rexie
I don't understand how they can "reprice" the fabric they already have in stock. It has already been paid for at a lower price. It seems to me that the price should only go up on newly ordered fabric.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-07-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by rexie

I agree!