Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Too Many Quilts Displayed? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-many-quilts-displayed-t107199.html)

wraez 03-21-2011 10:30 AM

Last night while I was sewing, I watched a video of Simply Quilts that I taped maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It showed the home of a renown quilter (can't remember her name now .. duh) with quilts on the walls, stairway, beds etc... very tasteful, elegant even. She spoke of rotating her quilts seasonally, how she hangs them for display etc.

When it is our home, we can do as we like. Someone entering our home should only give positive comments, not critical ones. Any negative thoughts should be politely kept to themselves.

Bevsie 04-05-2011 08:11 PM

Hi Lucy!

I just did a quilt count, I have two flannel and one cotton quilt in my living room, one flannel on my wall quilt rack in my den and one over the back of my recliner. That's 5 now on the main floor!
One on every bed upstairs (3) and about 8 on my quilt racks in the spare bedroom.....oh my!
Some of these quilts do go to the lake in the summer, but I don't leave them there over the winter.
Do I dare count in the closets? Nahhhhh!
I love my quilts, too, and it's my house!

See ya soon!

Bev

Carron 04-05-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Antdebby1
It's your house, you decorate it the way you want. If your relative thinks it's "too quilty" she can stay home.

Personally, I think quilts make a house a "home".

I agree totally!

Sienna's GiGi 04-05-2011 11:58 PM

I only counted 9 creations and a couple of pillows in your posting. You are seriously behind the power curve! lol. You need a few wallhangings going up and down the stairs....what do your bathrooms look like? A couple can go there. Quilted shower curtains anybody? How you look on tablerunners? Quilted rugs? (if there is such a thing) lol.
I bet your house is cozy and warm just the way YOU like it.

MissJMac 05-24-2011 04:09 AM

When you run out of space, you've reached the limit and it's time to stop. As long as you love them and enjoy looking at them don't worry what others think. If relatives think your house is too "quilty", perhaps they should keep it to themselves. If she's comfortable enough to make these comments about something that's obviously dear to you, then perhaps you should be just as candid and tell her you're not interested in hearing her negative opinions about your decor.
Kind of snarky, but sounds like she could use a lesson in sensitivity.

MelodyWB 05-24-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lucy90
What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.

Is there such a thing as too many quilts..news to me..lol..!!